Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Local Topics & Issues * Legion < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

phil_hellmuth
Pro Poster
Username: phil_hellmuth

Post Number: 116

Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard that the entire staff including the manager of the legion were fired yesterday. kind of disturbing.

tom_koehler
Pro Poster
Username: tom_koehler

Post Number: 459
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any details? Why the mass firing?
tom koehler

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 1313

Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, what is this about, what is with these mass firings going on in our town!

homeontherange
Pro Poster
Username: homeontherange

Post Number: 541

Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I have heard of things like this happening at other businesses, it is due to some impropriety in the area of the till, or inventory.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1314

Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hubby said it was coffee time talk, and no one knows why it was shut down. something amiss there, sure it will come out sooner or later.

strwblue
Pro Poster
Username: strwblue

Post Number: 622

Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My information says the Legion is currently re-organizing. I was assured they are NOT closing forever. And that is all I know
Disclaimer: In as much as I am the Two Harbors Public Access Coordinator I am not now or have I ever spoken for the City of Two Harbors on this board.

mule
Pro Poster
Username: mule

Post Number: 144

Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Word is it will reopen Friday or Monday at the latest.

For any parents with kids in Firearms Safety, class is still scheduled for the Legion basement tomorrow (Thursday) night @ 6:00 pm. The rear basement door will be open but the upstairs doors will remain locked.
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user." - Teddy Roosevelt

twoz
Pro Poster
Username: twoz

Post Number: 414

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DID THE LEGION OPEN YET?

homeontherange
Pro Poster
Username: homeontherange

Post Number: 545

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Saw an ad that they were looking for bar tenders. Must be a good sign.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

twoz
Pro Poster

Post Number: 415

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DOES THAT MEAN NO BANDS IN TOWN THIS WEEKEND?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1322

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As far as I know it opened as of last Friday. Saw people coming and going the other day

tom_koehler
Pro Poster
Username: tom_koehler

Post Number: 473
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, now that the Legion has been open for a while, what is the word on the street? Does it look like it will stay open?
tom koehler

charlie_t
Pro Poster
Username: charlie_t

Post Number: 234
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only playable pool table in town, it better stay open or I'm gone. Plus there are some excellent gentleman/lady players there, not the juvenile punkmeisters that I destroy without so much as a handshake or a "nice game, well played" at those other venues. They just leave quietly. Or in one case, call you a"cheater" and get in your face, some 20 something vs me, a 60 something and I was tempted to put him down. But there goes the fun of the game, you see. I hope the legion finds a way to survive. All the people Who come to town to visit me sooner or later ask about it and say "that was a real nice small town bar with interesting folks and a nice feeling. I agree.

frosted_flakes
Pro Poster
Username: frosted_flakes

Post Number: 716
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speaking of bars; One of our out of town posters and his brother were home a week, or two, ago and called me for a beer at Dunnagin's. We had a real nice visit and then this guy comes in and sets up his sound equipment. Then he pumps out music louder than would have been necessary for a bar the size of the Legion. The bar was not even 5% full. I guess he was being paid to provide music, but...... That about ended any visiting.
The worm has turned, but it looks the same on both ends.

jackburton
Regular Poster
Username: jackburton

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've had the same experience at Dunnagin's. Whenever we get out of town company we take them to Dunnagin's so they can have the Pizza from do north and drinks too. The problem has been the music. You have to scream to be heard by the person next to you. The place has potential, I just wonder how closely it is being managed by the owners? My 2 cents anyways.

twoz
Pro Poster

Post Number: 433

Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FF, I WAS THERE TOO. DIDN'T LAST LONG EITHER.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1340

Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 09:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only been in there once, but it is too small in there for that type of music. It was loud enough with just the speaker music they had blaring the time we were in there.

Just hate loud music like that, a person can't even think, let alone try to talk to people next to you.

This fall we were on a trip and went to "Hooters" to eat. The minute we walked in, we complained to each other about the loud music blaring. The food was good and the place was with in walking distance of our motel. The next night we drove to another restaurant, as didn't want to listen to that blaring music while we ate supper. We enjoy music, but at a decent decibel level!

fritz
Pro Poster
Username: fritz

Post Number: 143

Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LMAO: If the music is too loud, then your too old...........hmmmm I think I was telling my parents that just about 40 years ago, or so.
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw

frosted_flakes
Pro Poster
Username: frosted_flakes

Post Number: 717
Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose your right. The real customers, the ones that are there more than once a week, want loud music. After all, they have probably heard it all from their friends. LOL
The worm has turned, but it looks the same on both ends.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1341

Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know I am getting old!! Also I remember my parents complaining about my choice of music and I probably played it too loud...but the difference was back then, it was just a record player, with some speakers, nothing like the systems they have now.

twoz
Pro Poster

Post Number: 434

Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I CAN HANDLE IT LOUD BUT THIS GUY CLEARED THE BAR OUT THAT NIGHT. YOUNG AND OLD.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration