Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Local Topics & Issues * Proposed Property Tax for 2010 < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

strwblue
Pro Poster
Username: strwblue

Post Number: 624

Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone.. Now I don't usually start threads but I thought this might be a good one given all the talk about raising taxes etc.

I got my Proposed Property Tax for 2010 - and in the lower right hand corner is a box that says "Percent of Charge" and in that box there is a number. My number is 120.1%. Now before we start this conversation I am not arguing the amount of actual tax because honestly it impressively low. My issue is with the percent of the increase.
Disclaimer: In as much as I am the Two Harbors Public Access Coordinator I am not now or have I ever spoken for the City of Two Harbors on this board.

homeontherange
Pro Poster
Username: homeontherange

Post Number: 551

Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got mine yesterday also, but my percent was 6.3% on the house parcel and 23.3% on the 40 acre parcel. Still more than the cost of living increase. I guess the county wants to give all the Council a bonus.

The only thing I can think of is if you had any improvements either on your property or roads going by your house. I have had neither.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

strwblue
Pro Poster
Username: strwblue

Post Number: 625

Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The estimated value of my property went up 4.6%
Disclaimer: In as much as I am the Two Harbors Public Access Coordinator I am not now or have I ever spoken for the City of Two Harbors on this board.

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 1382

Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

our property went up 13.3% and home only 1.9%
We had no improvments

(Message edited by Blondie on November 20, 2009)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration