Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Clover Valley Forum * Weather Good or Bad < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 554

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Last night the wind blew all night, today the wind is blowing all day. It was -18 this morning. Went out to get the morning paper, and just walking from the house to the garage my face about froze.
You know it is cold, when you see birds huddle on the chimney next door, hanging on for dear life, due to wind, trying to keep warm with the heat coming out.
I looked out and saw a group of birds huddled on our roof, in the sun out of the wind also trying to keep warm....wow -8 now.

scotty
Regular Poster
Username: scotty

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Spring is coming "Gurney's" came yesterday.
I'm heading for Corpus Christi Tuesday, Let me know when it warms up in the North....

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 558

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guess what, it is almost 20 out there already and it isn't even 9 in the morning!!!!!
Spring did you say Spring
}

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 565

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well -14 below again!!

Come on people lets hear what the weather is like in your area!

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1039

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 08:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, yesterday was 50 degrees and sunny here in the Pacific North West. It looks like 40 and rain today.

The web cams show the big lake is really steaming, I bet the back country lakes sure have a thick layer of ice.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 566

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Torggy, I would take 40 gladly!!
now -1!!!
I am sure the inland lakes have a good layer of ice.
One year I remember when opener of fishing came, the inland lakes still had ice. We were at a resort in Ely, and part of the lake was open, but the % was iced over. They also have a campground at this resort, and many people from town were there with their campers and boats. Know where the boats were the whole time, on land! That was one cold winter. Can't recall what year that was. Haven't seen it like that since. Lots of partying went on, nothing else to do!

torggy

Post Number: 1040

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nothing wrong with finding a reason to party.

We used to go to the winter carnival in Ely. The city plowed roads out on the ice and posted street signs. It was a scene right out of Grumpy old men.

The biggest problem around here this year is that at times there has been too much snow for the skiers to get to the slopes. For a few days a couple weeks ago all the east west mountian passes in the state were closed. To get from Seattle to eastern Washington you had to go to Oregon. Was a long drive.

boon
Pro Poster
Username: boon

Post Number: 80

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More rain for San Francisco and the greater North Bay. It's not a hard rain again but misty with some break. Supposed to be like this throughout the rest of the week. Temperatures - a wonderful 60 degrees by noon. It's really nice out there.

bassman
Username: bassman

Post Number: 777

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

60 degrees here in Costa Mesa, CA today. Had 1/4" of rain last night and cloudy today. We are suppose to get some more rain tonight, Friday and Sunday. We can use it. Last year we had a total of 2 3/4" for the whole rain season and this year we are at 8 1/4" so far with a couple of more months to go.

I started to plant radishes, onions, cucumbers and pole bean about a month ago and the first crop of radishes are ready for the table. I also put in 21 strawberry plants last week. Love living in usually sunny So. CA.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 567

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 05:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gee, planting!!

Some facts from the paper today.
"The temperature has hit 15 below zero more times than any winter of the past five"
"this is the fifth major cold period of the winter-one in Dec and two each in Jan and Feb.

will there be more of this..YES!!!!! one word for this CRAP!!!

valleygirl
Pro Poster
Username: valleygirl

Post Number: 55

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From Ely snow sculpture last winter- or- home
icehousepalm

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 568

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That reminds me so much of my not so fond memories of growing up with the infamous "OUTHOUSE'. Sure don't miss those days!

cindy
Regular Poster
Username: cindy

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We were in the low 70's today here in Florida. Little warmer tomorrow. Sunny and breezy. It is great!

sauna_poika
Regular Poster
Username: sauna_poika

Post Number: 25

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right around 38 and sunny today in Newport, RI. Clear night as well for the lunar eclipse.

I had been living in Florida and Virginia for the last 5 years and it's a relief to be in the northeast now. Wait until June-July-August and the weather gets so unbearably hot and uncomfortable in the south that you don't even want to be outside.

What you need during the winter months (and all year-round for that matter)is a good hot sauna. Throw some water on the rocks and you won't care how cold it is outside.

Blondie, I do have to say I remember as well the cold trips to the outhouse. Ours was a two-holer so at least you could go with company.

Stay warm everyone.

(Message edited by sauna_poika on February 20, 2008)

madd_maxx
Pro Poster
Username: madd_maxx

Post Number: 91

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 05:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another morning with a balmy temp of -14.

Two words for our weather here in the northland.

GLOBAL WARMING!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 569

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Maxx, we only had -5 here at our house this morning, was surprised. HEAT WAVE!!!!!!

Like I tell friends around the world, it is rather hard to convience people living in northern MN, that there is Global Warming, but I do know it is happening. But, with so many cold, cold days, makes a person wonder.

The thing is being retired, we really don't have to venture out on real cold days. I didn't go out for days one week. I always think of when I worked, and walked to work several blocks. Either the car didn't start, or it was just as easy to walk. I managed, but I was much younger then!!

Oh yes, ours was two seater also, what is the old saying "Misery loves Company"

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster
Username: kathleen_wilde

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got a call from Fargo last week my daughter who is a nurse contacted type A influenza and was hospitalized so I hurried over there what a scare! All is o.k. now I came back on sunday they have the same weather as us in Two Harbors except the day before we get it So it was terribly cold over there and when I left to come home on Sunday highway ten that goes west to east was horrible a pickup had rolled over just as I was getting on to highway ten from 94 it was black ice and snow drifts when I got to Detroit Lakes it started to clear up so by the time I got to Walker it was fine the rest of the way home so I beat the bad stuff please Febuary end soon!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 570

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kathy so glad your daughter is okay. I have no idea what type A influenza is even? I do not believe in the shots, never got them when I worked, and I was probably one of the few that didn't get the flu. Listen to what they say about the shots on TV for this year.

This is the thing, weather from the west, always moves this way!! If it is cold out there, we can count on it hitting us, if it is snowing, we can cound on it hitting us.

Glad everyone is safe and sound and doing good.

moozerboy
Pro Poster
Username: moozerboy

Post Number: 416
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad to hear your daughter is OK Kathleen. We often forget how dangerous the flu can actually be. Looks like the CDC got the vaccine wrong this year. The vaccine is usually based on a prediction from what I understand. I have to get the flu shot every year through the military. One year they gave me a dose through a nose drop. I prefer shots.

My little brother and his wife live in Crookston. I always watch their weather on the news and it is always 10-15 degrees colder there than it is in Minneapolis. Duluth and TH are always colder too, but it always seems worse in the NW corner of the state. I don't know how he does it.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Influenza type A is the deadly kind the reason she got it ,yes she had a flu shot but this strain of flu wasn,t in the batch they made up this year my daughter is an r.n. at a hospital in Fargo so she runs into all kinds this type of flu killed quite a few people in 1918 any way all is ok but they had better start rethinking the flu shot espcially for health workers!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 571

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is the problem, seems last year it was the same thing, the shot didn't cover the flu. Also the problem is there are so many different strains of flu.

Back many years ago, we both got the flu shot, and got deathly ill, we said never again. Works for some, but didn't work for us.

Certainly nice to see some warmer temps today!!!!!

squirrel
Regular Poster
Username: squirrel

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear about the flu - it is hitting out here in Olympia too. For a laugh - my sister said they had to use a hair dryer to heat the ignition to get the car started yesterday (lives in Warroad). That's cold! We also had an outhouse growing up - when it was cold though our dad was nice- he brought in can at night and on really cold days so we didn't have to go outside. Guess torgy lives up north from me so weather today is nice. Planted some trees last week-end. Have a wonderful week-end all and hope none of you get the flu.

torggy

Post Number: 1041

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just passed through Olympia today. On my way to Portland. I well be working in a little town named Rainier just east of Olympia for three days next week.

Was a nice day in the 50's. Very little rain and lots of traffic. I hate I-5.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 572

Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 08:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Squirrel, we actually had a big pail that we had for night, rather than going to the outhouse, but during the day, we went to the outhouse, except if it was extreme weather.

Torggy you were talking about snow in the passes. One Sept, (middle) we headed for the Big Horn Mountains, and were in Cody. I noted big gates and signs up there, about snow, that they would shut those gates,etc. We had planned to head to the Tetons, but listening to the weather forecast of heavy snow, we thought better of it. I didn't want to be stuck up in the Mountains, so we headed down and got to Green River. Checked into a motel, awoke in the morning, snowing like mad. The freeway we could see from the motel, and watched traffic move ever so slow, then not moving at all. The closed the freeway, so all those vehicles, mainly big trucks were diverted into town, right past our motel. We were stuck in this motel for 4 days! All I could say, was so glad we had the hindsight to check in like we did, as sure didn't take long for the place to fill up. It was interesting as we finally were able to leave and get out on the freeway. We did see many stranded vehicles, but just like a wall after several miles, no snow at all, just nothing!!

I don't think we have the flu, but we both sure do have bad colds!

(Message edited by Blondie on February 23, 2008)

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, back from Corpus Cristi Friday morning, 74 degrees when I got off the plane there. Went straight to the car dealer and picked up my brand new (12 year old) truck and started driving north. After about 6 hours the temp was around 40 and continued to drop till I got back to ND and home where it was a mild 6, but at least it was above. Blondie, your weather seems to always be right on track with ours 24 hours later but normally warmer in the winter and almost identical in the summer. It was a beautiful day today with it reaching 28.
I lived on the (I think used to be) Axle Anderson road in a house with an outhouse, had a 2 holer. We decided to dig a new hole one summer only it got a little two big, too much explosives. We laid poplar trees across the hole and set the outhouse on top (it was a very big hole) of course we did not really forsee the cold winds blowing in from all the gapping holes right up on your you know what. You planned your trips very wisely to there depending on the weather.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 574

Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scotty, didn't you try capture that warm air and bring it back with you?!!!
We watch the weather out west, and most times what you get first, we get second. Only thing is, the lake effect sometimes just keeps it roating around in circles!!

I guess it was beautiful here also, didn't venture outside, felt too lousy, but temp said the same as yours.

what a hoot about the new hole for the outhouse, that is so funny.

I have no idea where the Axle Anderson Road is/was even. Sure its name has changed since you lived there. I used to live on the Anderson Road off the Ryan Road as a kid.

Oh, you were talking about the temps dropping as you got farther north. Well, camping in the summer, we used to watch the temps drop as we headed towards the big lake, and that was so depressing. Don't camp anymore, so don't exprience that depression of returning home to COLDER BY THE LAKE!!!

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Funny how names of roads and places change so much. Grew up first 10 years in Arnold - guess it's part of Duluth now. went on line and it says it doesn't exist anymore. 20 years ago we bought a house in the woods, we are now in the middle of another large city. lol.

m_johnson
Regular Poster
Username: m_johnson

Post Number: 43

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN DULUTH SAURDAY, ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT WHEN IT GET ABOVE FREEZEING IN WINTER ITS WARM BUT, IF IT WAS THE SAME TEMP IN THE FALL WE WOULD ALL BE HIDING INSIDE. GOT A PICT. OF THE FISH HOUSES AT THE SAFE HARBOR AND SOME OF THE ICE BREAKING UP.

m_johnson
Regular Poster

Post Number: 44

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A SHOT TWORD DULUTH FROM THE MOUTH OF THE LESTER RIVER

(Message edited by m_johnson on February 24, 2008)

m_johnson
Regular Poster

Post Number: 45

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AND A COUPLE PICTURES OF THE ICE ON THE ROCKS OFF STONEY POINT DRIVE, THERE'S A HOUSE ON STONEY POINT FOR SALE - WISH I COULD AFFORD - GREAT VIEW.

m_johnson
Regular Poster

Post Number: 46

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ONE LAST ONE OF THE ICE BY THE LESTER RIVER

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 576

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

{m-j, your Avatar under your name, looks exactly how I felt today...and looked I am sure.
Today was nicer, I even ventured out to Pamida for some medicine for my cold. I was careful not to sneeze or cough, without covering my mouth, but I had to chuckle...people saw me in an aisle and they turned!!!

I know just what you mean about the temps feeling so warm this time of year, and this would be cold other times. There was actually puddles at most intersections, sure the man hole covers are froze over.

Great Pictures, loved the one towards Duluth. I set it as my background on my puter, don't know yet how it looks.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, enjoyed them.}

m-j, that picture looks great set as background!!!}

(Message edited by Blondie on February 24, 2008)

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lake Superior look's warm, you would never see anything but ice here....It's good to see pictures, Thanks to all who post.
Blondie I stuffed that pickup box full of warm air when I left Texas thinking I would use some here then send the rest to you guys, got home and it was cold. Oh the best laid plans.....
We are really busy at work now but when I get time I will write that story of the outhouse adventure in a day in the Valley. Think of this, half a dozen kids on a warm fall day thinking what could we do constructive, yes there was Finlanders and beer and explosives involved. (Sorry Mom, you may learn some things you might not want too.) I know she has looked at this sight a couple times now, I called her Saturday evening and sang her Happy Birthday, one of the first things she said "I didn't know you went to Texas?" I think she also figured it out who I am..... Nice day here today, hit 36.

torggy

Post Number: 1044

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great story Scotty! Thanks

And thanks to MJ for the great lake shots. Those are AWESOME!

Well it is warm here on the west coast and I started a fan to blow it all over to you guys. It'll be there in a couple days.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 81

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

M-J: The Stony Point pictures are right close by my parents house. Ah, how sweet it is. Thank you so much. They're beautiful.

We are warm and ever so springy out here! The fruitless plum are blooming, daffodils, acacia trees, etc. Really gorgeous. And just two days ago we had heavy rain. This wonderful weather is on its way to you in the midwest.....

(Message edited by boon on February 26, 2008)

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

beautiful day here today, but there saying snow coming. Thanks boon rain to snow. :-(

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 06:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BEAUTIFULL DAY out here today, Be in the Valley tomorrow

torggy

Post Number: 1047

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OH Yea! Hope ya have a great time! Sounds like there well be a little fresh snow. Tell us all about it when ya get back. Be carefull, there are Finnlanders there.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 581

Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speaking of Finlanders, did you know Duluth is have "Finn Fest" this summer in July. Get this, my cousin from the country Finland is flying over here for Finn Fest, and us cousins are planning on taking some of it in.

LWM
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drove down I-5 yesterday from Red Bluff to our place in Fremont and all the trees were in full bloom. Mountains are covered with snow and it made for quite a scene.

Blondie, I too am looking forward to the Finnfest in Duluth. It was discussed at our annual Swede-Finn lunch last summer. We are hoping to have some of the people attend our lunch. We had several young women in attendance last summer and one was from Jakobstad where our family is from (Petersari for those of you that prefer the Finnish name).

Won't be long now until my little travel trailer starts yawning and scratching from it's long winter nap up at the Two Harbors Fairgrounds-looking forward to the summer already.I noticed that Pat Shelhon's mother passed away-96 years young. My condolences to Pat and the rest of the Shelhon family. For those of you that don't know the family, they were the house just north of the town hall, same side of the road.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 582

Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LWM, I bet that was a beautiful scene, can just picture it. I love the mountains, favorite place to travel too.

I am looking forward to Finn Fest also. Hubby is not interested, so glad that I can go with cousins. Now if it was Swedish, then he would be.

We had 0 here this morning again!!!! But supposed to get up near 30.

Next weekend we turn our clocks ahead already, can you believe that!!!

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took care of Mrs. Shelhon in the home sweet lady I graduated with her son Paul.If you go down shelhon rd. take a right at the Town hall after Obergs my Dad owned 80 acres there he had a small hobby mink farm untill my Mom died when he retired he sold the land and moved to Walker Minnesota He should have hung on to the property and devided it up into twenty's or ten's he could have made a killing! AW hind sight!

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

-21 yesterday -26 this morning, better button up the long johns blondie.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 586

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

scotty we had -10 this morning!!! A little warmer by the lake. The good thing in winter is the lake does keep us warmer....but summer that is another story!
All I know is I am tired of this, it has been a long cold winter. They keep saying we will see 30's, but I won't hold my breath.
How did your trip to the valley go? You mentioned it in one of your posts here.

People don't forget tomorrow night to set your clocks ahead one hour!clock

LWM
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who has the photo of Carl and Ethel Anderson's store? The folks that currently live on that location would like a picture of it.I believe their name is Slette, I'm not sure of the correct spelling of their name.

torggy

Post Number: 1052

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this the right one? I have it in a larger size.
anderson

Captian Nylen been down to see you LWM? And are you gonna journey through the Northwest soon?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 589

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is Anderson Store, just the way I remembered it anyway.
It is 0 here this morning, better than -10 for sure, now if it can just keep on the up hill swing.

LWM
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Torggy. I'll let them know it's posted. Captain Nylen was here a couple of weekends ago on his way to Las Vegas. Don't know my schedule yet-will let you know as soon as it's set up.

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

beautiful yesterday and going to be today, take off the long johns, put on the swim suit blondie....
I won't be around here much for the next month or so , we are at 3X our normal work load so we are really busy here at work.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 590

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can't believe this, it is 27 this morning. You bet scotty out comes the swim suit for sure.
Can't wait though for it to get warmer so I can sit on the patio, but that will be a long time yet!!!
Say, that is good that where you work there is a heavier work load, as so many places it is looking grim!

m_johnson
Regular Poster

Post Number: 47

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it's my fault the weathers getting warmmer in Minnesota. The morning I left it was -4 in minneapolis - now it warms up. But I get to Florida, when the plane landed it was 86 Degrees, the next day it was only 65 for a high. made for a cool couple of days an Bike Week In Daytona Beach. Then we went to Key West. has been in the upper 70's since, I think I'm working on the second layer of skin peeling off my forehead now. Don't let anyone tell you thst you can't get sunburn't on a clouldy day even wth sunscreen, We went on a gambling cruise for 1/2 a day out of port canaveral. I sat on deck at the tiki bar while my wife gambled, bad idea!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 94

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 05:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday we start the day wth wet heavy snow and finish the day will a warm day. The snow that fell pretty much melted. The warmer day time temps are just a tease right now. Spring fever has hit me. New driver (check) new golf bag (check) still in the northland. Oh crap. I need to spend some time in the golf dome. This snow will melt soon, I hope. It will not be long until the first slice into the woods.

I know LWM you are getting some rounds in.

torggy

Post Number: 1057

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Better get to the dome soon. Article in the paper today says they might close.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/articles/index.cfm?id=62344&section=homepage

Looking at the web cams for Duluth it looks like winter has loosened its hold just a little.

Here in the Northwest it is mid-forties and raining. Hopefully the record snows in the hills do not melt to fast.

Daffodils are up and being picked for the stores in time for Easter. Tulips in the front yard have broken the ground and the Robins are back.

I started feeding birds this winter. Not sure I am ready for the onslaught of Grosbeaks and Finches I have gotten this spring. Filling the bird feeder every other day now....

torggy

Post Number: 1058

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MJ, isn't the drive down to Key West great!! Those long bridges make it feel like you are on the ocean.

The wife sent me a picture of you on vacation to post on the site:
minnesotian at the beach

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 591

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good one torggy.
Snow flurries out there today, darn! Yesterday was just beautiful with temps near 50 at our house. That two inches of snow sure bit the dust when the sun got up high.

"poika" that picture you have there sure brings back memories when I was a kid at grandma's house. They had a much bigger tub, and my aunt and I used to take a bath in front of the wood stove sitting in the kitchen.

m_johnson
Regular Poster

Post Number: 48

Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Torggy, love the picture, especially the snow shovel in the water. I do love the drive through the keys, always beautiful regardless of the weather. Was 86 degrees, on sat when we left. Got back to 30 degrees at home. the nicest 2 days in Florida were the afternoon we got their and the day we left.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 94
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Went to Fargo this weekend the weather is the same that way Except when I got home they said we are going to get a storm here I suppose we need to have our March storm ! I called Texas when I got home yesterday 90 degrees down there three more weeks and I'm gone can hardly wait I'm ready for some warm sun and a few drinks sitting around a shaddy porch and warm weater!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 594

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow, it looks like winter wonderland outside this morning. Really beautiful though, all the trees have snow on them. shouldn't last long, hopefully, just make a sloppy mess again!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 601

Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess I am posting on this forum to myself, as the last three have been from me!

Can you believe last year to date it was 72 above here. We were in Wisc. Dells and it was in the 80's...short lived for sure, as the temps went down and down after that. I remember sitting out on the balcony of our hotel in the evening in shorts, next day, jacket on!

Son is in Texas, and it is in the 80's down there. Actually last year they were down there a week later, called on Easter, and it was cold!!

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

weather turning towards summer, YEA! Still working long days for a few more weeks, thats good also:-).

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caught the late news last night, they said snow coming. So much for my summer weather

torggy

Post Number: 1063

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speaking of snow! I got blooming flowers in the front yard sticking out of 3 inches of snow. Big heavy wet flakes. Neighbor was mowing the lawn yesterday and shoveling the walk today.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 603

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Torggy you weather sounds like ours, except we don't have any spring flowers yet or grass to mow! We had 10 this morning! Now 22! I am seeing more grass area's though.

I have contact with people all over the world and here is some of what they tell me about their weather.

Over in England Easter was terrible, cold/sleet and some area's heavy snow.
Sweden has not had snow to speak of all winter, and now they have a foot of snow.
Australia has been having heavy rains and floods, and HOT. South Africa has seen HOT also.
The mountains in Japan had plenty of snow this winter,(none last winter) and area's of Japan that don't get snow, saw snow this winter. For some it was so exciting, as they see my photo's and hear my tales of snow, so too actually experience it was something. Cherry blossoms are blooming in parts of Japan. (that iris avatar I have right now under my username is a Japanese Iris. They are twice the size of ours, just beautiful, I was in paradise walking through those Iris gardens when I was in Japan)

torggy

Post Number: 1064

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, sun is out and the snow is gone. But boy is it wet, wow.

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Torggy - did you get the snow again this afternoon? around Tacoma it was snowing about noon time - for about an hour. Snow looks pretty nice on cherry blossoms! Squirrel

torggy

Post Number: 1066

Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is snowing right now. Has been off and on all day. Not sticking though. Ya it was pretty with all the differant flowers in bloom yesterday against a field of white. Lots of new snow in the mountians too.

Gonna be driving through Tacoma tomorow, I'll be sure to wave.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 625

Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two days in a row I was out working in the yard. I told my husband I better take advantage of it while I can, as know it won't last....boy was I right!! We had no snow, now the ground is covered, and not melting at all today. So windy and cold!!!!

Our Japanese son will be here to visit on Tuesday, and I reminded him to bring some sort of jacket along. He goes, "I thought it would be warmer this time of the year"!!! We laughed, his memory has gotten so short of Minnesota weather!!! Although we aren't alone in this weather.

Kathy enjoy your trip to Texas!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 626

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We lucked out here by the lake for a change. Inland they got hit with snow, schools all closed, from Ely all over the range, to Grand Rapids. Some area's got 2 feet of snow and more. Power is out everywhere up there.
We got probably about 2 inches yesterday, and then it started to rain, so most of that is gone.
But, forecast this week, sure doesn't look good!!

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cann't wait to get out of dodge I am sick of this white stuff 90 degrees down in Texas by the time I get back on the 22nd I hope the weather will be nicer I like to walk in the evening and I'm afraid of slipping on ice when it is like this I will take advantage of the walking trail at my nieces Talk to you guys when I getback

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 632

Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could this be a sign of spring, the robins are back. Just saw a nice fat one in the back yard.
Poor things, will be searching hard for food in a few days after the snow storm does its damage!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 100

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 04:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What wind is blowing this morning up here in the northland. Power has been going on and off for the last 2 hours. I have power for the moment. My coffee is hot and I must prepare for my work day. Many places are or will be closed to day. I will be needed at work and will heading out into this storm.

All of us who have gone to CV have taken a bus ride home in such weather after the weather closed school. I know George Cook having the most northern CV bus route would keep students at his home once in while. Any of students who have done this should share their stories of being weather bound. Everyone in the northland keep warm.

I am now at work and have over 6 hours in. The Beast has serve me well this morning making the drive to work in the white out conditions. Today will be a long work day for me and many others out there who were needed to report to work.

Editing is a good thing. Quickly making a post about the weather and having my power keep going on and off was tricky, I can make enough errors in my writing without the challege of the on and off again power.

(Message edited by Madd Maxx on April 11, 2008)

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 84

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's 80 degrees here today (near S.F.)and also expected for the weekend. I love the Northern Minnesota fall, spring and summer but that cold........

Perry, thank you for the stories about Vern Eiola and also John. I had to chuckle about the Vern one because that was so typical of him.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 637

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took the chance of turning the computer back on. Power started going off n on since 3:30 this morning and everytime I tried to shut the computer down, the power went off, so gave up.
The winds have been blowing since yesterday, have about 6 inches of heavy wet snow and I do mean heavy and wet. Naturally it has drifted in places as usual.

bassman
Username: bassman

Post Number: 783

Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It got up to 91 degrees here in Costa Mesa, CA today and tomorrow is suppose to be in the mid 90's and then start to cool down on Monday...

LWM
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We had 88 up in Red Bluff, CA. Cooling down tomorrow, only a high of 64. Boon, how did you guys do today, temp wise?

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 85

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We were in the 90's and it was GREAT! Rode my bicycle to help me cool down (but I still worked up a sweat!) Had to stay inside after that to keep cool. Yard work is done in the mornings or in the evenings when it gets like this, but it's gorgeous with so many trees, bushes and flowers blooming. It's a lot cooler here today, tho.

How did you do in Red Bluff? That can be a stifling heat up that way.

My cousin sent picture of the lake in front of my parents house from the 10th storm. It's been a long time since I've seen the lake so wild. Really beautiful but it really looks cold.

(Message edited by boon on April 14, 2008)

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 86

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The recent lake pictures. (I'm sure most of you in the area saw the lake but those who are far away from home......)

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 87

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK - the download didn't work. What do I need to know? I've done this before the same way but it didn't work this time.

torggy

Post Number: 1084

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ish, 90, to warm for a north shore boy.

Here in the Northwest Saturday was a beautiful day. The air was filled with the sounds of lawnmowers and smelled of fresh mown grass. The tulips are blooming and the flowering dogwoods are all pink.

All these changes in weather must mean that LWM must be going to start his migration soon.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 653

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boon not sure what pictures you tired to put on here. The Duluth Tribune has picture links of the storm.
I agree 90 is a little too warm, but they sure could send some of that this way. Although the snow is melting fast, and supposed to be in the 50's. Hope so!!
Still now spring flowers blooming here, but I did see willows the other day, and always as a kid I remember picking them, putting them in colored water. When they came out, always new spring was around the corner....I HOPE

I viewed my post before putting it on, and I see red dots where the word was supposed to be, gosh that isn't a swear word!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 655

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boon, I had sent these two sites to friends

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/photography/includes/gallery.cfm?id=582

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/photography/includes/gallery.cfm?id=581

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 88

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, Blondie. These pictures tell it all!

I tried to upload mine again and got the message that they are too big. I'll see if I can figure out how to change that and get them sent.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 657

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boon if you can't figure it out, send them on to torggy, sure he can help you.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got out of Dodge just in time although we ran into bad weather all the way down but I made it and am enjoying warm weather I will be heading back on monday I hate the thought of going back to the cold but all good things come to an end

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 662

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad you made it down there okay, have a good time. Actually the temps aren't bad, in the 50's. Supposed to get some rain today. The snow we got is gone pretty much, just a little left here and there.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 89

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So glad you are having a good time, Kathy. When you retire you can become a snowbird and travel to Texas each year when it's cold and snowy and then return in the spring.

Torggy - I haven't heard the word "ish" in soooooo long. It is refreshing and so Minnesota. Thank you for that. (The weather has cooled down considerably but windier than all get out!)

skipper
Pro Poster
Username: skipper

Post Number: 214
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't been on this site for awhile, much saner here...mjohnson, those are some great pictures...I still have a headache from meeting up with the fella from the Pacific northwest.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 670

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boy you got that right skipper, this is a much quieter site!

Boon I had to laugh about "ish" being so Minnesota. When we travel, people always say to us, your from Minnesota...we go how can you tell, "the way you talk". Guess we just don't realize it, "Minnesota talk".

Hey we saw 60 here today, but it was cloudy and now tonight the winds are really blowing again.

torggy

Post Number: 1086

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Skipper, maybe we can get together next winter and renew that headache. I had a great time.

I know I still have some of the "Ya sur" accent in my voice and I have been away from the north shore for years. I sure can hear the accent when I return for a visit. I know I slip deeper into it in a couple days too. Plus lots of folks in TH and the surrounds have the "eh" habit too.

Acuually warmer in TH this morning than it is here. Had sleet yesterday and looks like rain here again today.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 671

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know where you hear "eh" all the time is in Canada. Friends of ours lived up there for many years, and that "eh" came out all the time. Even after moving back to the states and living back here for many years, down south at that, they still have the very prominent "eh" in their conversations.

We didn't get the rain they talked about yesterday.

skipper
Pro Poster
Username: skipper

Post Number: 215
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds good Torg...I've been accused of ending sentences with eh, I think I mean to say heh? like, that's neat,heh?... I don't realize it until it's pointed out.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 90

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The one I really got razzed about when I first moved out here 38 years ago is the word "aunt". I pronounced it as it is spelled but in CA they say "ant". And another one is "oh for cute". We always said that growing up on the shore. We'd see a squirrel and we'd say, "Oh for cute!" People would look at me and say "what!" I couldn't figure them out. Those phrases and words make perfect sense to me!!!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 672

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sense to me too boon

torggy

Post Number: 1087

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drove over a 4700 foot pass in the southern Oregon Cascade Mountians yesterday. There were 10 foot snow banks along the road and lots of snow still back in the woods under the trees. Got to Klamath Falls, Oregon and there is still snow on the north side of the buildings and snow is predicted for tomorrow. In fact I hear even Seattle had an inch of snow yesterday in places.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 679

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please keep the snow out there. We have had enough for sure. I can see one little patch by my tree' was raining when I got up this morning, and has since stopped. But looks like more rain coming.

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Olympia WA had snow for about 3 hours this morning. Looked really nice (I love snow and miss it). North of Seattle had over an inch on the ground last night around 6pm. Funny weather. All my flowers look pretty capped with snow (it has now turned to rain). Snow makes for nice pictures which I needed for my next book, so the snow falling was perfect timing. Hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 681

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Like I said, please keep it out west.
Squirrel, you mentioned next book? curious about that, are you a writer?

Got my pictures back finally, and several of the storm we had. Did get some pictures of the rollers on the lake. I might scan a couple and put them on here.
Used my husbands camera, as mine died. Kept taking picture upon picture, wouldn't rewind. So guess what Torggy and Maddmax, now I will have to get that digital camera I have talked about so much, just need to get to Duluth one of these days!! The best part I just said recently when my camera goes, then I have no choice, well how true that is!!

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blondie - yes first time author (kids book) - it is photo and story. digital camera's are awesome - got our 9 year granddaughter hooked on photography when she came to visit us at Christmas - so easy to use and you can see right away what you have and then send them to family and friends. I enjoy the pictures of lake superior that are out on the web. Would like to see yours of the rollers on the lake. I was out in TH Feb 07 when it was really cold and got a couple pictures of the vapor off the lake (forgot how cold it can be there!).

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 682

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good luck on your kids book squirrel, that is great.

Yes, being able to see the pictures right away is what is nice. If you don't like what you see, take another one.
I couldn't get the pictures to fit the format right for putting on here, without cutting off too much of what makes the picture.
They almost look black and white, as it was a gloomy dark day. If they had been in color, they would have been beautiful.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heading home tomarrow I hope the weather cooperates I heard the weather is going to be stormy up that way i hope no tornadoes get back at ya when i get home

torggy

Post Number: 1089

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thread has hit the magic 100 post mark.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration