Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Clover Valley Forum * Weather part two < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 683

Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just came back from getting the morning paper, foggy, misty and darn cold. "Ishy" weather!!!
I would not be surprised if we saw snow at some point today.
There was this big fishy boat sitting at the gas station, Lake Superior type boat. The guys were inside getting goodies to take with them. With this fog, there is no way they can go out on the lake!!!

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1090

Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boy, talk about changing weather! These two pictures of my front yard were taken just 2 hours apart today.
front yard 10am
front yard{noon

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 687

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 06:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you sure your not in MN?
Nice front yard there Torggy.

Winds started late yesterday and still blowing out there.

skipper
Pro Poster
Username: skipper

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yea, Torggy, you could be a landscaper...

torggy

Post Number: 1091

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 08:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks guys, you're very kind. However the intent was to show what they say is the latest snow on record around here.

Our journey through the Oregon Cascades this weekend was very interesting. There was lots of snow and bad driving conditions. One 5000 foot pass had huge snow drifts and plows working hard to keep the road clear. Had to rely on my old North Shore winter driving skills.

Lots of snow in the hills. We hope it does not warm up to quickly causing it all to melt at once.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 688

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 08:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Torggy, I know what you meant by showing the pictures,but goodness can't help but notice the lovely yard. You can blame it all one me!! Give compliments when they are due, is how I look at it.

At least your skills of driving here didn't go to waste!!! Yes that will be a problem if it warms up too fast, could be lots of flooding. Did you take pictures along the trip?

torggy

Post Number: 1093

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No time to stop for pictures. Though we went through tons of beautiful country. Had to drive right by Crater Lake but did not to see it as the road around was closed and we did not have time to back track. We were visiting a possiable school for my daughter and we had to go a thousand miles in three days plus a day to visit the school. The pictures were actually taken by a friend that watched the house and critters for us.

Hope to visit the area again when we have more time.

Well, time for that ugly thing called work, ish. Later.

torggy

Post Number: 1094

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, yesterday was the latest it had snowed here. As I turned from the computer to leave I looked out the window and the ground is white and it is snowing like crazy.

Gotta go.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster
Username: kathleen_wilde

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Made it back from Texas today good weather all the way the farther up I got the cooler it was by the time I got on the shore it was pretty nippy with the wind coming down 35 looking over the lake and Duluth and Superior it still is a beautiful sight I'm really glad I live on the shore no other place takes its place talk later

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 689

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad you made it back safe and sound.

The darn wind today, if it wasn't for that it would have been warm...cooler by the lake.

Say how many hours did it take you driving back?

madd_maxx
Pro Poster
Username: madd_maxx

Post Number: 101

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is hard to believe just over a week ago we had a blizzard and I have golf 18 holes yesterday and 9 more holes today. OK, most of you would not head out to the golf course with temp at 39 degree and winds off the lake at about 20 mph. Golf in the northland can be an adventure.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 690

Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, no different than playing golf in the middle of winter on frozen lakes, which is popular...Have you ever done that? Golf in the Northland on a frozen lake, now that is really an adventure.
I don't play golf, but was asked once to take part, better watching! They had a blast

torggy

Post Number: 1095

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 02:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had a buddy tell me that yesterday afternoon he "mowed around a snowman".

boon
Pro Poster
Username: boon

Post Number: 91

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, ish - it's starting to sprinkle here and has been so cold. Hard to believe we were in a heatwave two weeks ago.

Welcome back, Kathy. Hope you had a great trip.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 692

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just came in, been sitting on the patio, beautiful day.

Kathy I saw you pull into Holliday today, as I was walking up to the store. I went inside, and expected to see you come in...left and there you were pulling away.

scotty
Regular Poster
Username: scotty

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

17 here this morning (at least it's above). Yes I'm still around just super busy for another week or two then I can take some time to write, our sales are turning this into a long season but that's very good for us....:-)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 695

Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday morning on the weather channel, they said it was -1, yes -1 in Great Falls, Montana.

Flood warnings are out for Lake and Cook County, and then snow!!!!

It is 40 here by the lake, and says 45 inland. Right now nice blue skies.

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

snow, snow, snow, isn't fall wonderful when everything turns white and clean again. Oh wait, it's suppose to be spring and turning green, what's this cr-p on the ground, it sure ain't green....in our case it is moisture and boy do we need it, it is terribly dry out here. We have had a bought with prairie grass fires, If you have ever seen one of those it's scary how fast they travel so the moisture is welcome.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I pulled into Holiday to get air in a low tire but cars were blocking the air machine so I went home I will see you around town this summer I took the summer off from Culvers I have too much going on I will return in the fall when things settle down again

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 706

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my gosh is it ever snowing right now, and sticking!! WINTER HAS RETURNED

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 753

Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Went and took some pictures of the mighty lake today.
down by light house point

Burlington Bay

Flood Bay

taken from Stewart River parking area

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 93

Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These are wonderful, Blondie. It does look cold. Have set one of them as my background.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 754

Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It certainly isn't nice here, but we aren't alone. Just heard from someone who lives by South Dakota border, and it is the same weather there...best part no one has put out their docks on lakes out in that area yet!! usually they are way ahead of us.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 759

Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a difference a day makes...
some photos out at Flood Bay.

you can even see Wisconsin on the other side

torggy

Post Number: 1113

Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great pictures Blondie. I really like the ones with the big waves. Glad to see it is a bit nicer today for ya.

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

great pictures Blondie am getting sick of this weather my Texas tan is fading fast!It sounds as though this coming week is going to be better I sure hope so it is depressing!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 764

Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Love my patio...sat out there today for three hours...working on my tan. Figure I better do it while the sun is out, and on my patio, it was pretty nice.

skipper
Pro Poster

Post Number: 233
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 07:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those are nice pictures. I always like the pics when the lake is wild but it's nice to see it calm and peaceful too. Blondie, where do you live (I won't stalk you)? you talk about seeing the old high school and now the bay.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 768

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 08:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awe shucks you won't stalk me darn!!

I live right in good ole TH's.

Drove out to take pictures at Flood Bay...taking pictures is a hobby of mine and now that I don't have to wait to see my pictures, it is even better.

skipper
Pro Poster

Post Number: 234
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I figured you live in TH but can you see the old school from your house or I guess from reading your post you drive around to take the pics?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 771
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Skipper I forgot to answer your question, yes I can see the high school from our upstairs, half the school anyway. It was nice seeing the school and its flag waving in the wind!

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 94

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, Blondie. Have chosen the first one for my background. Keep those wonderful pictures coming. Flood Bay. Where is that?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 772
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boon.. Flood Bay is just outside of town as you go up the shore. There is a nice parking area, and easy access to the beach below. they have made large stone steps down.
I like it out there, and can get some good wave action shots there if the wind is right.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 95

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, so it is just past Burlington Bay then - going toward Gooseberry?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 774
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Burlington Bay you have to turn down by the campground, and Flood Bay is out on Highway 61 just past Superior Shores Resort

torggy

Post Number: 1124

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Blondie! Been nice enough to get out on the deck?

Has been a cold spring here too. Snow in the hills over the weekend. Cold rain in the valley. This winter sure was hard on the wood pile.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 777
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too cold here to be outside at all Torggy. It feels just like winter. I did get all my patio furniture out and water fountain set up.
They had snow up the Gunflint Trail and also in Ely, not good.
Just got back after spending a wonderful Mothers Day weekend with son and family.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 103

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It maybe cold but I have 108 holes of golf in so far this year. The course is soggy with no roll and the greens need to be rolled. Everything is starting to green up.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 778
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too cold for me! BUT, I will just complain about it rather than live where I have to worry about tornado's, etc!!!
I need to cut my yard pretty soon, especially in the back.

scotty
Regular Poster

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All, I haven't been around for a long while. We were incredably busy with spring sales. We produce 100 to 150 units average per spring, I think we hit 300 this year so it has been crazy busy around here and I haven't had time to check the forum, and then now since it won't warm up the wife and I are going to Texas on Friday where I know it's hot. Well actually, I am going for some long needed dental work in Mexico. Figured we'll swellter for a while on South Padre beach :-). We will be down there about 2 weeks unless it snow's back here, then were not coming back if that happens. MAN it has been a cold spring, I did plant my garden finally but the ground is still cold. I noticed on the front of the TH it say's there tearing down the old school, that will change the landscape. I did my 4 years there after CV closed. Well better get going, interesting reading here of whats been going on, wish I had more time. I am looking forward to being back in the Valley in July, it's been quite few years.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 782
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scotty our son goes to South Padre, and they love it down there. Glad your business is doing well.

Glad were not the only ones getting cold weathere, today certainly is cold. I was out in shorts yesterday, NOT TODAY!!

Got e-mail this morning from Sweden, words CRAZY WEATHER.... guess it has been in the 70's there, but now they are down to 40's!

Did get my grass cut the other day, and it is growing so fast with the rain/warmer days we had, so will need to cut it again soon.

m_johnson
Pro Poster
Username: m_johnson

Post Number: 52

Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW
The weather must be good cause its awful quiet on this site. Everyone must be getting their yard work done.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 790
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 06:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday it said 80 in our yard...three different thermometers said the same thing! So yes, you know where I was outside. Late afternoon and around supper it rained. After supper I heard thunder, long and loud, and it started to rain, looked out and it came from one passing cloud as clear sky all around, crazy. Need to cut the grass today though with rain and heat, it certainly grows. Not supposed to be as warm today though, darn!

LWM
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Madd Maxx, have you played Nemadji yet this year? I'll be getting another Players Club card this year. It's a good deal if you play there fairly often.

Blondie, I'm heading out Tuesday, expect to be in Two Harbors Thursday night or Friday, mid day. Order me some good weather! Thanks for posting the Obit for Edsel. I was the one that talked about him quite awhile ago. He used to be around our French River neighborhood.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 793
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LWM, the weather is the pits here, cold and rainy, typical JUNE weather. PLEASE bring some of your warmer weather with you. Everyone is complaining about this cold weather. Right now it is raining outside. OH, we did have 20 minutes of sunshine today, and I kid you not....guess who was out on the patio for that time...little ole me!!!
Please stop by when you have time, like to see you again.
My uncle Bob A is at Sunrise home now. My aunt had him transferred here, from Duluth. We were not satisfied with ViewCrest at all!!!

torggy

Post Number: 1141

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The weather here has also been quite cold and rainy. Looks like tomorrows high school graduation is gonna be in the gym and not outside.

Been some bad weather all across the country. Be safe in your travels LWM.

Blondie is the TH sunflower. Her face turned toward the sun no matter how short its visit.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 104

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey LWM, I have been playing every weekend. If you hit the area today, enjoy the gale like winds and rain. I hear there is some flooding up in Lake and Cook counties this morning. Sitting outside on a patio today will not happen unless you are wearing rain gear.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 794
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think I would need more than rain gear on, I will need something to hold me down in my chair, boy is it windy. Haven't checked the rain gauge, but bet it is overflowing.
We were awake almost all night listening to the rain beating against the windows and the wind blowing, sure could hear it well upstairs.
Now mind you, I looked out this morning, and my flowers on the balcony railing are swimming in water, the soil is so water logged. Never have I seen that before.

Torggy you are so cute!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 795
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 07:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/photography/includes/gallery.cfm?id=627

pictures of the storm that hit Grand Marais, hard!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 804
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gee, yesterday was about 82, humid, well today it is 48 here in town right now. I stepped outside, and stepped right back in. Now that is cold, way too cold for this time of year!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 809
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IT IS HOT, not complaining though
88 on north side of our house and 98 down by our garage.

m_johnson
Pro Poster
Username: m_johnson

Post Number: 53

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RODE THE BIKES UP LAST FRIDAY TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS OVER THE BAY. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS WEATHER, THE LAKE WAS SO STILL EVEN THE LITTLE BOATS OUT ON THE LAKE WERE JUST SITTING INSTEAD OF BOUNCING. RODE UP TO KNIFE RIVER AND CAME BACK, THEN RODE UP 7 BRIDGES ROAD AND ACROSS SKYLINE DRIVE. THEN DOWN TO THE BRIDGE TO WATCH FIREWORKS, COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR BETTER......
SOMETIMES I WISH I STILL LIVED IN DULUTH BUT THEN I READ CLIPS LIKE THE ON ONE FROM BLONDIE, 82 ONE DAY 48 THE NEXT, AND I REMEBER WHY I LEFT.

(Message edited by m_johnson on July 08, 2008)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 810
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 07:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds as if you had a lovely time, it was nice wasn't it.

The weather is so crazy here, Monday it was 58, and now yesterday got up to about 74, wonder what todays temp will be?!!!! It is like a yo-yo ball!

You mentioned Seven Bridges Road, it has been years, and I do mean years since I have been on that road.

torggy

Post Number: 1173

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MJ that sounds likie a great ride. The ever changing temps on the shore are part of what makes it interesting.

Between busy days and a broken computer my online time has been really limited. I did find the article about the Mcquade road marinia opening up.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/articles/index.cfm?id=70249&section=homepage

Looks like a nice place. Still don't understand the logic of it though.

Hope some of you had a good time at Heritage days.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 105

Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 09:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday I loaded up Hawkeye and went for a ride. All the trips in the fall but in the full bloom of summer is another view. Temps in the 80ies. The air was quite thick. Many wild flowers in full bloom. I didn't take a camera for this trip. I see I will need to clear out a huge tree that didn't fair very well in an earlier wind storm. I saw many buttery flies but no wild life. With the full grow of summer, viewing deep into the woods can't happen. Traveling was slow since I didn't want to hit any of the big rock or stumps near the trail. The wild grasses ove 3 feet tall. I did enjoy the ride into the Valley forest.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 107

Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Last Friday was a great day for a trip out into the woods. The trees are starting to show their colors.

Fall Colors

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 98

Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Madd Max - This sure looks like it's going toward the lake. Lovely. The colors are extraordinary back there. Thank you for this.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 852

Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice picture, is this up off the Hegberg? That isn't that trail is it?
Due to the high winds yesterday, lots of leaves were coming down, so bet many of those tree's in that picture are now bare.
Sure lots of tourists in town this weekend, unreal.
What a ishy day it is today, rain!!

torggy

Post Number: 1224

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 03:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An old tote road in the fall. Wow! Makes my shoulder itch for a shotgun and my ears want the sound of a partridge taking flight. Thanks Max!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 853

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rain here again, enough please! Can't even get out to take any fall color photo's.

Torggy, anyone we talk to, they aren't seeing any partridge, certainly isn't like years ago, you could just drive any dirt road and see birds.
I love partridge..mmmmmm!!

Say, Madd Maxx did you read on the back page of the paper today...in "Locals" about a Fergus Falls teen streaking the Homecoming football game? Right away my thoughts went to the story you told on here, only thing this lad was not so lucky!!

sauna_poika
Regular Poster
Username: sauna_poika

Post Number: 41

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Madd Max,

Thanks for the photo. I haven't seen colors like that for quite some time. Wish I could see more of that. Right now, we're living in Florida. Everything is green now but will slowly turn brown. Not very exciting.

Torggy - yeah, I'm with you on wanting to grab the shotgun and head out through the woods. It's been a looooong time since I've been able to eat fresh partridge!

To everyone - Hope you are having a great autumn season. Take some time to enjoy some of the better things in life that folks away from the Northland don't get to see too often.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 108

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is another photo from my journey out in the valley. Blondie was right this is the Hegberg. The other photo I posted, the tote road had a few grouse on it but I was only armed with my camera.

Hegberg road

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 854

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Madd Maxx, atleast you saw some birds!!

suana_poika...I have never lived away from the northland, so don't know what it is like to be honest, we take things for granted. Traveled alot though, and always glad to be back here....DO COMPLAIN ALOT ABOUT THE WEATHER...but we get over it....eventually!! How long have you been away from this neck of the woods?

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 42

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blondie,

Grew up in TH and graduated from THHS. Left Bassett Lake in 1990 to join the Navy.

Since then, I've been stationed in Florida, Idaho, California, Wisconsin, Florida, Texas, Florida, Maine, Florida, Virginia, Rhode Island, and now back to you guessed it...Florida.

I think Maine and Rhode Island have been my favorite assignments simply because I could experience four seasons again. We loved both duty stations but we (my wife is from Wisconsin) continue to plan on returning to northeastern Minnesota some day. Out of all of the places I've lived, NE Minnesota continues to be my favorite. I'm looking forward to retirement and moving my family back there so I can expose my boys to the very unique and fun things I enjoyed while growing up. So far, my boys (2 & 5) have been able to experience far MORE things than I ever did by that age but I feel they are missing out on some of the BEST things...smelling the mix of fresh air off the lake and wood smoke from the sauna, plucking sunfish from under a dock using a snell hook and freshly dug up worms, skipping rocks along the shore of Lake Superior, brook trout fishing, drilling a hole in the ice and magically pulling out a monster northern, sitting in the fish house playing cribbage with the old man when it's -40F outside, having enough snow to make an eight foot tall snowman, firing up the snowmobile and cruising across a frozen lake with the moon illuminating everything, camping under the stars and enjoying COMPLETE silence, etc.

Wow, I could go on for quite some time with this stuff. Long story short, we'll be back in the area some day and can't wait.

I really enjoy reading this forum and being able to see pictures posted of what we're missing. Thanks everyone.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 855

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 09:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sauna_poika, loved your post, except when you got to the -40F....did you have to remind me ...just kidding.
Bassett Lake, been up there a few times, good memories. Camping at Cadotte Lake across the road, sitting around a fire telling stories, having a few beers, laughing and forgetting about worries of the world. Like you said Stars, oh how bright they were away from the city lights.
Love your little picture! Now that brings back memories for sure!

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 43

Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 04:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, Cadotte Lake. Spent lots of time there as well swimming at the beach and hanging out with friends. You're right, you can see every star in the sky from up there. And, the silence (aside from the ore trains rolling through the Fairbanks crossing) is amazing. Love that place.

skipper
Pro Poster

Post Number: 239
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Geez, Max the pics make me long for the northwoods of my youth...you take some damn nice photos.

squirrel
Regular Poster
Username: squirrel

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 09:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sauna-poika - I understand your sentiment about Mn and having been were you are. Left MN in 1971 following husband in service, AL, GE, WA - nothing is like MN. We were just back to TH for a visit and the smell of the air is so REAL and clean and the stars you could actually see. hubby hates cold so will not be moving there - will stay in WA were weather is stale compared to MN. MN especially by the lake is a very special place- you all keep it that way! squirrel.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 110

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sitting here early this morning getting ready for work. We are having some lighting and thunder with rain. I am feeling sorry for those guys who decided to hunt the early deer season. This is a first for Minnesota to open up a Does only early season. The woods are still very full of leaves which will make hunting diffcult but the rain will not help. I remember one season we had a heavy rain. I sat in my stand until 9:00 in the morning, soaking wet and out of coffee. My Dad finally walked over to my stand to asked me if I was ready to get out of here. I am sure the deer where hiding in a cedar swamp in the heavy cover to get out of the rain. Dad and I went home and needed to tear down the guns to dry them off for the next day.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 859

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 07:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Madd Maxx I figured for sure you would be out there hunting!! I am surprised there still are leaves on, with the winds we had. This rain though, enough of this. I can't even finish putting away outdoor things for winter.

squirrel, guess what, we don't like the cold either. Infact we were over in Wisconsin recently and went out to eat breakfast, and all we did was complain how cold it was, we have to get used to it again. Be a snow bird, we talk of it, and that is it. We went over to Wisconsin for the fall colors, it was hit and miss, mainly dull, not colors like usual. Usually Hayward is beautiful, but again dull, so I didn't even get any fall pictures.

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blondie-I understand about the cold. I am one of the few I guess that like the cold - and the more snow the the better. lol. we try to hit TH about once a year for the colors and we usually are one week to early or one to late. this year we came when number four grandson was due. We did see some nice colors up past the new high school - and going to cities leaves were just turning nice. Maybe next year. you all have a nice week-end and be safe.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 860

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

squirrel congratulations on #4 grandson.

It actually turned out to not be too bad a day, although some dark clouds coming in now. I took advantage of it, and did get some more outside yard work taken care of. got my grill cleaned and put away for the winter anyway.

Between duluth and here the colors are all shades of golds, which are pretty against the dark evergreen tree's mixed in amongst them.

Where ever you have Maple's now that is where you get the brilliant array of colors, from oranges to deep reds.

Several times we have tried to catch the colors down in Arkansas, like you either a week too soon or a week to late, never can hit it right on.

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks blondie. I love maples - have 2 sunset maples, 5 huge vine maples and 2 coral barks. some years they turn really red and orange. Enjoy the day.

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 44

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Squirrel, I'm with you on the cold...you can always put on a jacket or some long johns. When it's too hot and your house air conditioning goes out, it's unbearable...and expensive. The only time I like the heat is when it's in the sauna and I can put a little water on the rocks.

I was just talking to my new neighbors here in Jacksonville. He has never even seen snow before. The coldest weather he's been in was 26F. I told him that is short-sleeve shirt weather! He couldn't quite grasp the concept of fishing in a little heated closet in the middle of a frozen lake. I don't think he knows what he's missing.

Anyway, things are still green here. Looking forward to more pictures of the northwoods Madd Maxx and Blondie...

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 862

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 04:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

poika, you live in Jacksonville, we have a niece that lives there, and I think her hubby was or is in the Coast Guard. He might have retired by now.

My sister in law used to live in the hotter climates, and she says just what you say about the air conditioning, it is not cheap. She didn't like the summers at all in the south, just way to hot and humid. Winters now they did enjoy that, and once retired did winter many years on the gulf of Florida.

Actually things are still green here, lawns are really green yet, and I will need to cut mine again soon, not complaining by any means. I am a summer person, love summer.

If the weather ever is nice enough, I will try to get out and take pictures for people that live away, as I know many love to connect via the pictures. poika when was the last time you were back in this area?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 863

Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have any of you checked out http://www.northernimages.com/lakesuperior/index.php this beautiful picture site lately?
Go into Autumn, I put Tettagouche one as my background picture. It is awesome.

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blondie - thanks for the web site - awesome pictures! Winter ones are my favorite! we are amateur photographers and hope to be that good one day! All are excellent.

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 45

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blondie,

Thanks for the website. There are some great pictures there.

I was in TH in July 2006 for a cousin's wedding. It was during Heritage Days so we went to town and checked out all of the happenings. Also made it to the Legion. I'm still a member of the post and intend to participate there in the future.

The weather couldn't have been better while we were there. I stayed at my uncle's cabin at Stone Lake. We even made a visit to Hugo's. Brimson sure is a beautiful area.

Hope all is well with everyone.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 866

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went and took some pictures around town this morning, but it was cloudy. Wish the sun was out, colors would be brilliant. But enjoy some FALL IN MINNESOTA!

CAMPGROUND, yes there were several trailers in there, and also some tents.

BURLINGTON BAY

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 867

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LIGHTHOUSE

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 868

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AGATE BAY

BY BREAKWALL

FROM HIGH SCHOOL HILL

STATE ROAD FROM HIGH SCHOOL HILL

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 46

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Blondie, looks like you had a nice tour of the town while taking these. Much appreciated!

skipper
Pro Poster

Post Number: 241
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice pictures Blondie, I'm surprised our leaves in the cities are farther along then up north.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 99

Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These are great, Blondie. Also, I went on the Northern Images site you posted and chose Split Rock Lighthouse. My favorite! Thank you.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 870

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Took a ride up the shore a ways, BEAUTIFUL, is the word.
I took tons of pictures, and when I have time, will put some on here for those interested.

Boon, I put Split Rock Lighthouse fall one on my screen, nice to change backgrounds. Didn't get any pictures today of Split Rock, the rest area before it was closed, and we didn't want to drive into Split Rock itself.

Meant to say it was a beautiful sunny day, but some clouds coming in again.

(Message edited by Blondie on October 14, 2008)

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 100

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even as a little girl Split Rock Lighthouse impressed me. It continues to do so. I see all these pictures of the lake and it makes me want to come back for a visit again.....

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 871

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 872

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 873

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

maple tree at gooseberry park

torggy

Post Number: 1232

Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 08:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome pictures Blondie. The maples around here just do not get to be that bright red. Thanks!

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 47

Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Outstanding!!! Thanks for sharing Blondie!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 111

Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still have a few more photos from my trip last week. The leaves really have dropped durning last few days. The colors are leaving very quickly.

Red

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 882

Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm maybe soon you will be seeing "winter" pictures on here. Got your camera ready Madd Maxx, mine is sitting right here by my computer!!

They are predicting snow, but so far we have had some sun peeking out, hope they are wrong. Just too early, although I do remember the Halloween storm!!! So, it does happen.

I still have potted plants blooming, but yesterday, I covered up all the patio furniture for the winter.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 884

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just saw some snow flurries falling! and some sun!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 112

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 07:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok Blondie, my camera is always ready. I went out for a ride to day. As I drove up the Homestead road, a car headed south bound was full of snow. The roads were damp from the melted snow. I went up to the Fox Farm. Here is a photo I took along the road.

Snow on the Fox Farm

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 885

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my, good covering there.
Thanks for the picture. Did you see any birds?

sauna_poika
Regular Poster

Post Number: 48

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Madd Maxx, I can only sit here and dream of that kind of weather here in Fl. It's been down to 38 here and folks are wearing parkas and all sorts of stuff like that. I told my neighbor that in the spring, 38 would be t-shirt weather in MN. He thought I was nuts.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 887

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Day before yesterday we took a ride up the Drummond part way and noted in the woods where the sun didn't shine much, still some snow, but I bet with yesterdays temps in the low 60's that is gone. Sure was a beautiful day.

Usually you can pick out the people that are from the south around here in the summer. They have sweatshirts and jackets on and are shivering, and here most of us are running around in shorts and tank tops. Yesterday I was out all day in short sleeves and yes sitting on my patio. Take advantage of it as long as I can.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 113

Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a day in Duluth today. Temp was way over 60 degrees. This is not the normal weather just before the opening of deer season. I am sure it will cool off by Saturday. If it doesn't cool off by then, I guess I will catch up on my sleep. I remember a few days during the fire arm season when the temps were high, the afternoon beg me to take a nap. I didn't shoot any deer that day but a lazy afternoon was nice.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 914

Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IT IS SNOWING! ABOUT 3 INCHES OUT THERE NOW, AND STILL COMING DOWN, FLUFFY SNOW.

bassman
Username: bassman

Post Number: 850

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sure don't miss those teen temps you are having either. It was a cool 63 degrees in cloudy So. CA today. Had to put on a flannel shirt to stay warm...

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 915

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bassman, we would be out in short sleeves and shorts with that temp! all what a persons system gets used to. didn't get much more than 3-4 inches though.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration