Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Clover Valley Forum * More weather < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 917

Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see we reached over 100 on the weather thread so will start another one.
This A.M. we have 5 above out there, but know it is much colder inland.
Got some snow yesterday again, probably about an inch, all week they are talking snow.

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1250

Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope you guys get some snow cover to protect septic systems and plants. Few years ago it was cold with no snow and lots of folks had trouble.

I am in central Oregon for a couple of days and they are talking about a huge cold front and storm that is supposed to drop feet of snow in the mountians. I have to get over two passes today and beat the storm home before it hits on Friday. Sure hope it holds off that long.

Everyone ready for Christmas?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 918

Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good luck getting home over those passes torggy.
Yes, we need lots more snow.

I am pretty much ready for Cmas, house gaily decorated, most of my shopping done, will do just a little baking next week.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 919

Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 08:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got an e-mail from my friend down in Louisana saying they have two inches of snow on the ground, and sounds as if it is still falling!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 920

Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my friend just sent me this picture down in Louisana

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 927

Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blizzard going on here, good day to stay inside.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 929

Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I put some weather pictures on the Two Harbors forum in "Todays Weather" if you care to check them out.

boon
Pro Poster
Username: boon

Post Number: 101

Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't see them, Blondie. I went to the TH column but no "Todays Weather".

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 930

Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oops Two Harbors Weather!
Todays weather was another forum, get them confused.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 932

Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was so nice yesterday, sunny, no wind an a great day to finish up my shopping...but today is another story.
I was shocked to see all the snow we got over night, it is fluffy, but wow did we get a lot, can't even see where we blew snow before, once again it drifted in.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 933

Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

torggy

Post Number: 1252

Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No need to imagine to hard about the cold and snow of Northern Minnesota for us here in the great Northwest. We have a foot and a half of snow on the ground and the temp is heading for what could be the coldest night I have seen since I moved here 25 years ago. Of course no where near as cold as a Clover Valley winter night but it is cold for here.

My old North Shore winter driving skills have come in very handy the last few days. They say we get more snow and wind on Sunday then 40 and rain for Christmas. Wish it would just stay cold and snow. Better than wet and mud.

torggy

Post Number: 1255

Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Except for the extreme cold and the fact we did not get quite as much snow the weather here in North West Washington State is much like what you are experiencing there on the North Shore. We got lots of snow and had snowmobilers running over shrubs in people’s yards. Then the thaw, freeze, thaw, freeze came and the ruts in the roads are terrible. But the rain and the ice in the gutters is really hard on things. I had to remove a gutter in back of the house before it stripped the facer board completely off. Friend of mine with a metal roof had the snow slide off, remove the gutter on its way down landing on his deck breaking outdoor furniture.

Been better off if it had just stayed below freezing.

torggy

Post Number: 1256

Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now we have about a foot of heavy, heavy slush with ice at the bottom. Even four wheel drive has to fight to get through. Much to my, home for the holiday, daughter's horror, we are trapped in the driveway. This is worse than just plain snow. Least we could get around then.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 941

Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Saw on TV just now about the weather in your area.
It is crazy all over, Chicago 65 and possible flooding now because of all the snow before....
Tornado's predicted for some states.
The temp is still in the 30's, and the snow certainly has gone down...but wait, just wait!!
We aren't as bad as you though Torggy...not yet anyway!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 957

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Torggy how are things where you live? We are seeing on TV the terrible flooding that is taking place in areas.

torggy

Post Number: 1266

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was out driving around looking at overflowing local rivers and creeks all afternoon. There are many roads closed. But it is not only the rivers that are trouble. We had lots of snow and as it melts in the pouring down rain just low spots become flooded. I saw many homes and shops today that were flooded because the field they are next to is under water and it rose high enough to get into them.

Floods have closed I-5 and avalanches keep closing the mountian passes. We are kinda cut off up here. Only way out is to fly, if the airport is open.

They say it is supposed to cool down which keeps the snow in the mountians from melting. That is a good thing.

On a positive note I was finally able to drive down to my shop because the snow had melted.

I saw there was a dog sled race in northern Minnesota cancelled because of to much snow. Looks like lots of moisture around the country.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 958

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, unreal isn't it. Sounds like your safe for now.

Isn't that crazy, too much snow for a dog sled race!!!!

Predicting snow again here this weekend.

bassman
Username: bassman

Post Number: 865

Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes sir, this Global Warming is really something..

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 964

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes global warming for sure....-20 here by the big lake. My friend in Thunder Bay said it was -36 this morning, and know that is heading our way. Roseau -34! It isn't going to warm up, supposed to get colder...I call it more of a weather cycle. This is the only time of the year that I can say it is nice to live by the lake, well summer if the wind doesn't ruin the day!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 972

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

schools closed all across the northland and in Wis. temp says-20, but with that wind it is like -41to-46.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster
Username: madd_maxx

Post Number: 115

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speaking of our great weather. Channel 10 usually uses a photo for a back drop during the weather forcast. The last two weeks Johnson's fish house on Stoney Point has been the photo used during many of the newscast. Since I have taken that angle for a photo myself.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 975

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 07:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey MM thought you flew south for the winter!!

My friend in SC said tonight it is supposed to be 15 and tomorrow 10, now that is darn cold for down there.

torggy

Post Number: 1278

Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stay warm up there guys. Looks pretty dang cold.

Been on the road for a couple days and got the chance to use some high speed internet. Loved this video of Mike Ojard getting a hole patched in his boat.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/videos/vidid/4435/

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 978

Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had to stick this one in weather

Cold Weather behavior:

60 above zero: Floridians turn on the heat. Minnesotans plant gardens.

50 above zero: Californians shiver uncontrollably. People are sunbathing in Duluth .

40 above zero: Import cars won't start. Minnesotans drive with the sunroof open.

32 above zero: Distilled water freez es. The water in Bemidji gets thicker.

20 above zero: New Mexicans don long johns, parkas and wool hats & mittens. Minnesotans throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero: New York landlords finally turn on the heat. People in Minnesota have one last cookout before it gets cold.

Zero: People in Miami all die. Minnesotans close the windows.

10 below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico . Minnesotans dig their winter coats out of storage.

25 below zero: Hollywood disintegrates. Girl Scouts in Minnesota still selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero: Washington , D.C. finally runs out of hot air. People in Minnesota let their dogs sleep indoors.
100 below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get upset because the Mini-Van won't start.

460 below zero: ALL atomic motion stops. People in Minnesota can be heard to say, "Cold 'nuff fer ya?"

500 below zero: Hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools open 2 hours late.

squirrel
Regular Poster
Username: squirrel

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blondie - really like that one about the weather! thanks for the laughs. I can remember going to school in Arnold when it was below zero in my Easter sandals because they slid really well on the ice. Got in trouble but didn't think about the cold, only that I could slide down the hill fast!
Have a nice winter to all of you out there in MN.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1010

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FREEZING RAIN OUT THERE.
Just checked outside, and pure ice on the sidewalk. I see cars out and about, but not us!

They were closing schools all over the area.

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lol. ya'll had rain and it snowed all day in Washington today! funny weather. hope you all stay safe with the ice on the roads. squirrel.

m_johnson
Pro Poster
Username: m_johnson

Post Number: 58

Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beautiful day in Duluth on Saturday, but these ice fishermen are nuts, this picture is of the ice houses on lake superior at the mouth of the French River. Note the open water just past the ice houses and at the mouth of the river. There were even more on the ice where 21st ave east hits the lake but my camera wound not do it justice, too far out on the ice. some were probabaly 1/2 mile out on the ice. I must be a chicken. I would not go out there. Same held true for Bayfield. The ice road to Madeline Island is still open with standing water on it when we were there on Friday. The locals were still driving out through the water. No thanks.

(Message edited by m_johnson on March 08, 2009)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1068

Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Best to be chicken!
Thanks for the pictures.

Years ago we were up to Thomas Lake for their ice fishing contest, and we had our vehicle out on the ice...did I say ice, well, with all the weight of all the vehicle's on there, after a few hours, the water was almost half way up our tires. It was time to get off! Never again, did we venture out with our vehicle.

torggy

Post Number: 1343

Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW! Winter pics of French River. Thanks, those are great! I think I know the exact spot some were taken from. Were they catching anything?

I would have been out there in no time. Looks like great fun.

Cruising the western end of Lake Superior in the winter. That sounds like a fun trip.

m_johnson
Pro Poster
Username: m_johnson

Post Number: 59

Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the middle picture was taken from the side of the road, approx. where the Ryan road meets the highway, the other 2 were from the parking lot by the bridge. They weren't catchin much, but the warm weather sure made for a nice day. Listen to me --- 40 degrees and calling it nice, can sure tell springs coming can't ya.

torggy

Post Number: 1344

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now 40 would be a warm day even here. Got down to 14 degrees here last night. Now I know that is not very cold for you guys but for Seattle that is the coldest I have ever seen here in March. Plus we got 5 inches of snow.

The Duluth paper said that the Weather channel was going to be in Duluth today. So I turned the channel and there was the shipping canal and the lake walk with some guy leaning into the wind. Looks like the snow storm that hit us and left lots of snow in the mountians is on its way to you guys. Have fun!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1070

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes we saw that on the weather channel too. It is windy out there, and I see going across the TV on CBS, schools closing in the area at 1. Nothing going on here yet, but some schools in Wisconsin and up by Blackduck.

Grocery store certainly was busy!!
I stopped to visit my uncle and said I may not get out for a few days. Also they are saying windchills could hit as low as -50, UGH!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1071

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IT IS STARTING TO SNOW!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1075

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Really getting heavy out there now, harder to see the house across the street.
OH BOY WE ARE IN FOR IT!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1076

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, guess it could have been worse, looks to be about 8 inches out there. When I shoveled off the steps last night, it was heavy stuff.
International Falls got about 16 inches I guess.

Not very warm out there, have about 0 now.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1080

Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

-10 below this morning, so where is this Global Warming we hear about all the time?!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1085

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Say torggy my tulips are starting to bloom!!!

No one said they had to be outside though!

torggy

Post Number: 1345

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 02:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That’s one good way to do it Blondie. Must add a nice bit of color to the room.

If you get Tulip bulbs chances are they came from the Skagit Valley here is Washington State. Funny story is that our neighbors ordered Tulips from Holland. It took several weeks for them to get here. When they arrived they unpacked them to plant, only to find a slip that said “packed in the Skagit Valley”. The fields are beautiful every spring and draw thousands of gawkers. They even run bus tours and the traffic is terrible. Of course it has a web site.
http://www.tulipfestival.org/

Many daffodils come from here also.
daffodils

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1086

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the site interesting, and I see where you live! Wow, it must be beautiful when all those fields are blooming around there. I see they also have iris fields love them. Hubby loves tulips and I just have a few planted here and there. One year I planted about 50 and maybe half a dozen survived, so that was it.
One year we went to Holland, Michigan for their tulip festival, well, bus loads of people were a little mad, as all the tulips were done blooming! Darn. But came home and the few I had were blooming! Just too bad they don't last longer.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1090

Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

certainly nice day, and the motorcycles are out...now that sounds pretty good to me, means summer might be around the corner.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1099

Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So much for it being the first day of Spring, it is snowing out, and everything is once again covered in white.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1102

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just woke up and looked out, everything is covered in ice and it is windy, not good.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1103

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I carefully went outside and I do mean careful and took some pictures of the ice. Not going out of my safe zone, believe you me!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1104

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

torggy

Post Number: 1348

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure is pretty, beautiful pictures! But I bet that even walking is tough. Smart move to stay close Blondie.

It was a day like that when my neighbor fell and broke his hip. It was so slippery that even the rescue crews that came to get him were falling all over the place. The Old Fart did not last much longer after that.

Be carefull out there!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1105

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just stepped out on the porch to take a couple more pictures and thought I got iced out!! The door is solid ice! I put on ice cleats, but even then I still stepped like I was walking on eggs!

tree heavy with ice.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 136

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good heavens, Blondie. These are amazing. I must be getting old, but I don't remember ice storms at all. How much snow is on the ground with all this ice?

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1106

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

some areas quite a bit of snow, others nothing, and I am see lots of big water puddles everywhere, it seems to be raining more right now. We were looking at a big tree next door, that is bent right down to the ground almost and bent right on their house. Hasn't got above freezing yet today, and they said it would warm up, well, rather doubt that, it will really freeze tonight. This rain is really knocking down the snow, as it is basically water content snow now.
Oh, over the years we have had many ice storms.

Lots of flooding out in North Dakota.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1107

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I missed getting hit by a huge branch off the big tree by about 10 minutes, boom down it came a few minutes ago, looks like more to break off. Think I am safer in the house...HOPE

squirrel
Regular Poster

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blondie - awesome ice pictures!

kathleen_wilde
Pro Poster
Username: kathleen_wilde

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My daughter lives in Fargo what a mess over there she is an RN and on call this weekend other wise her and her family would be over here her son has been sand bagging all week this is worse then 97 she is not worried about her house flooding but the sewer system backing up they bought an extra subpump but the sewer is another matter I pray they will be ok

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1185

Posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is 91 in Superior, 88 up by the airport, 46 down by the bay(duluth). We have 60 here or did. Can you believe these temps, unreal, just unreal.
I wouldn't like it that hot, but the 70's they predicted sure would have been welcome!

I remember living up by Bloomingdale, it would almost always be 20 degree's warmer, but 40 some degree's warmer!!!! My uncle Bob used to always say, he had the best of two worlds, worked in cool weather, come home to heat, couldn't beat that!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1289

Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Been beautiful here, our summer has come really late. It is 76 in the shade! LOVE IT!!!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 118

Posted on Friday, October 02, 2009 - 05:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Weather? What a day with the high winds and rain. After a great September, October is coming in like the gales of November. The high school football games should be pretty muddy on the grass fields. The leaves should turn fast with the cooler temps.

torggy

Post Number: 1418

Posted on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There were some great pictures of the waves that the wind created. Used to love to walk the lake on those windy days.

Muddy football fields?! I can remember one CV football game that when it started the Refs took both teams into the middle of the field and said that because the water/slush puddles were so deep they were going to throw flags for piling on. They thought some one was going to drowned at the bottom of the pile.

Here in the Northwest it looks like I have mowed the lawn for the last time this year. Had the first fire in the wood stove on October 1st and the house is ready for winter.

I really like fall.

bigguy
Rookie Poster
Username: bigguy

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok. I had to call in reinforcements to get me started! Hopefully this message will post. The new laptop works fine, it's the operator that falls short!!!

Just got off the golf course, MaddMax. The trees kept jumping in the way this morning!

Beautiful fall day out here in No. CA. Supposed to be in the low 70s. We have the President's Cup Golf out here in San Francisco at Harding Park near the ocean.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1324

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad you got it figured out. Not bad here today either, about 52, partly cloudy. I did lots of yard work, putting things away.

bigguy
Rookie Poster

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there Bigguy. Glad to see ya got it figured out. Hope to hear more of your French River history.

Beatuiful days here, 60 during the day, high 30's at night. Leaves starting to change and the lawn has quit growing. Great evenings for a fire and watching the Twins.

bigguy
Rookie Poster

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a heads up for the classes of 1960 and 61. We are planning a reunion for next August 13th at the Duluth Town Hall. There will be a letter mailed to those we have addresses for later this year. This get together will be the day before the annual Coming Home Party put on by the Homesteaders Senior Group so plan on staying for that on August 14th if you can.

bigguy
Rookie Poster

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help, Torggy. It's working fine. Will see you either later this month or early Nov. The Captain has been after me to come up for a visit so maybe while I'm there a breakfast at that Farmhouse place between your place and Anacortes!

I'll need to dust off the cobwebs for more stuff from years back in the French River area.

torggy

Post Number: 1419

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, I was still signed in as Bigguy. Forgot to change that,

Glad I could help. Looking forward to seeing you. I am sure we can have breakfast and maybe a beer or two here or the Captian's place.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1326

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just going to question this, I was getting quite confused by the posts. I thought someone was trying to funny!!!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 120

Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 05:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Us here in the northland are waking to snow covered yards. The leaves have not fallen out of my trees yet. What a site to wake up too.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1329

Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, but looks clear now. I awoke about 4, looked out, and it was a white out, crawled back in bed, covered my head!!!! My flowers are still blooming, still have patio furniture out, as still able to sit out on nice days. TOO EARLY FOR THIS WHITE STUFF.

Hard to believe that a month ago we had really warm days.

torggy

Post Number: 1421

Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW! snow already? Makes me think of that big Halloween storm a number of years ago. We got hit good by that one here also. But this is really early.

No snow here yet. Not even in the mountians. I have read that allot of the ski hills in Colorado and other places are going to open early though.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1330

Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is carpet there, and it is frozen. We had 25 this morning!

There was water in the bird bath, I am assuming it froze, because the snow is on top like that.
Birds still use it, or did, taking baths daily!

bigguy
Regular Poster

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The earliest measureable snowfall that I can remember was Oct. 13, 1964. We were fishing NW of Thunder Bay and got up to 15 inches of snow! The outboard motor had about a half inch of ice on it. It was raining the night before. Pete Beck and I had his VW bug in there. We had to wait for the snowplow to get us out.

My brother and the Mandelin boys had a wall in the tank shop where they would record the first snowflakes of the season. I do remember some in Sept. although not measureable. Sure glad I'm in CA!

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 156

Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, Blondie. These are wonderful! It's a tad early so I expect some warmer weather ahead for awhile but this is always such a surprise this early. Beautiful. We're in a rain storm up here north of San Francisco and it's great! We needed it.

bigguy
Regular Poster

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DAB, I talked with Mickey Winter this summer. Was he a part of your graduating class? Also talked with Jean Abrahamson, his sis in law married to Rodger. Hadn't seen them since they graduated from CV.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1360

Posted on Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First day of deer season, temp right now is about 63 in our back yard!! I have been out in short sleeves.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1411

Posted on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brrrr, we have -14 here this morning, but I have been hearing from people in other parts of the state, and they have temps of -27 and -33!!! Guess Lake superior is good for something anyway, keeps us a little warmer in the winter!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1457

Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is snowing, coming down steady, darn!
Hard to believe that 49 of our states have various amounts of snow isn't it!! Son isn't getting very good weather either on his way to Florida for vacation.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1529

Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

grrrrrr could see my breath while cutting the grass, last Saturday people were out laying in the sun! Sure didn't work up a sweat today and no laying in the sun, if one did they might need a snowmobile suit!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1530

Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all of a sudden it started getting warmer out there, and more sun. can actually sit out on the patio now, without freezing anyway.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1534

Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I CAN ACTUALLY SAY IT IS HOT!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1548

Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY, ENOUGH NOW!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1607

Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see we got about 4 inches of rain while we were gone, according to the gauge.
Every morning on our trip we awoke to "cool" temps, but then they got up in the 90's most days.
A cool front hit the Dakota's though yesterday, and it was in the low 70's, not until we got more into MN, did it warm up, and got even warmer the closer we got to Lake Superior, now that is a switch isn't it. Unloading our luggage and junk we were sweating bullets!! But, I see that cool front will be here, darn!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1628

Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the weather is terrible. Just drove down by Knife River, and boy is it flowing.
Since the rains started late Saturday afternoon, we have gotten almost 4 inches, two of those since yesterday alone!!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1629

Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just heard it is snowing in CV.
Terffic winds/rain here yet by the lake. I bet 6 inches of rain so far!

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 138

Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is how the woods looked to day while out hunting. All I saw was snow!

Out Hunting

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1634

Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW that is unreal, where was this at? We only got a dusting here, and that is gone, but I did note this morning if one drove even a mile away from the lake, there was more snow.}

bigguy
Pro Poster

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MaddMaxx, I played golf this am. 81 out here today!!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1723

Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The weather sucks. It rained all night long and has not stopped yet, plus it is only 48 out there. I have had to turn my heat on the past few days, come now this is June we shouldn't have to have heat on almost daily.
I always take pictures and looked back yesterday at June 18th of ones I had taken, what a difference this year, way behind. Although last year was unusual, but sure wish it would warm up.

bigguy
Pro Poster

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have my vote!! People in tents here in the Campground west of Two Harbors. At least I'm dry, and have heat!! It at least stopped raining long enough yesterday morning for Grandma's Marathon.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1724

Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My rain gauge shows 3 inches and it is still coming down. It was raining in Duluth though for the Marathon, they showed it on TV...not here though.

bigguy
Pro Poster

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Blondie, can you order us up some sunshine, 75 degrees. Would like to put away my winter clothing!!!! Sure has been messing with our golf game!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1725

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying!!! But it is not working. I remember a few years ago we didn't get any warm weather until Aug, then it lasted into Oct. I would like to not have to have my heat on for goodness sakes. That wind is awful again off the lake.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Please enter your username and password. Registration is required to post. Please consider registering - it's a painless process.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration