Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Clover Valley Forum * Passing on 4 < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 1868

Posted on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I glanced at Alice Carlson's death, but focused on a couple others that were in the paper that day. My classmate brought it to my attention today that she went to CV.

http://www.twoharborsmn.com/event/obituary/id/25138/

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1869

Posted on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant Passing on 4!!!

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1685

Posted on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Changed it for ya. Thanks for catching that.

Alice must have been in the old school when it was new.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1870

Posted on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes she must have! Wow! I knew Ernie her brother, they lived just down the road from me.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster
Username: madd_maxx

Post Number: 167

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike Johnson died from an accident from hitting a deer on highway 61 on his motorcycle. Mike was from the class of 73. This was covered in the Duluth News Tribune the other day. With Johnson being a common name, I wanted to be sure thie was Mike. My prayers go out to his family. The link to his obituary is below.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/271133/

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1871

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just going to post this. I saw the markings near Larsmont Road yesterday where he hit the deer. Very very sad.

torggy

Post Number: 1686

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 08:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The paper had an article about him also:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/271108/group/homepage/

I graduated in 69 and his picture should be in my year book but I can not find it. Did he move to the valley later?

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 168

Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 05:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will have to check my year books to see which year he came to CV. His Dad Herb was the hatchery manager at French River.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1872

Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just found that out too, asked a friend of his. This friend said he thought he graduated from Duluth East and he thought he graduated around 74. I understand he played football at UMD.

(Message edited by Blondie on June 29, 2013)

admin
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 298

Posted on Monday, July 01, 2013 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I knew Mike from some of his community work. What an incredible man. He was indeed a '73 grad of CV. I'm not sure how many years he attended CV, but I think just the last few years of high school. Mike was an ass't football coach at East and also played football for UMD.
I'm addicted to placebos. I'd give them up, but it really wouldn't make any difference . . . .

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1875

Posted on Monday, July 01, 2013 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I just found out he graduated in 73. I have heard nothing but good words about this man!! Wish I had known him!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1878

Posted on Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recognized the name, Rippberger but did not know him, but read down and see his funeral is at French River Lutheran Church. Some of you might have known the family.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/271644/

boon
Pro Poster
Username: boon

Post Number: 195

Posted on Monday, September 30, 2013 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is with deep sadness that I am writing to let you all know that Peggy Callen passed away on September 19th. Her sister, Judy, asked that I post this on the CV forum. Peggy graduated from CV in 1967. Her father was stationed at the Missle Squadron so she was at CV for about two years total. She left quite an impact, tho. She knew how to make everyone laugh. She spent a good portion of her adult life in Broken Arrow, OK.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1884

Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lois Lundberg (Alseth) passed away, she went to CV.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/282898/

(Message edited by Blondie on November 07, 2013)

torggy

Post Number: 1694

Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Blondie, The name Alseth is well known in the area. There is even a road named after them.

bassman
Username: bassman

Post Number: 1008

Posted on Friday, November 08, 2013 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I used come back to my home town, I always stopped by the T.H. Chronicle office and Lois was always there with a warm smile to greet you. She was one fine Lady...

bigguy
Pro Poster
Username: bigguy

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I noticed in reading the Redding, CA newspaper on Monday that Violet Schonberg Walters passed away. She grew up on the Shilhon Road next to the Mandelin farm. Violet was 95. She worked as a "Rosie the Riveter" during WWII. Her folks were Erick and Maryanna Schonberg. She had two sisters, Helene and Gertrude, and a brother Sulo.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1886

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw that somewhere, but didn't connect the name.

shoreboy
Regular Poster
Username: shoreboy

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert “Bob” W. Carlson, 90, died Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013 at his home in Moose Lake, Minn.

He was born April 6, 1923 in Lakewood Township, Duluth, to Ben and Helen (Hedberg) Carlson.

He graduated from Clover Valley High School in 1941 and went to work as a truck driver. He enlisted in the U.S. Marines in 1942, serving four years in the South Pacific before his honorable discharge in 1945. He then settled in Moose Lake, Minn., and resumed his truck driving career. He married Esther Reilly in 1948 and together they shared 55 good years until her death in 2003. After his retirement, they enjoyed traveling, especially out west, snowmobiling locally as well as in Wyoming and West Yellowstone, rodeos, museums and wintering in Texas. He had many friends, including his coffee buddies at Art’s Café which was like his second home. He thoroughly enjoyed being spoiled by Cheryl and his favorite waitresses. Bob was always well known for his many fancy western shirts and boots he always wore. He was truly a cowboy at heart.

Bob is survived by one daughter; four grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; three brothers and two sisters.

SERVICES: will not be held as per his request. There will be a family gathering at the cemetery when he is laid to rest beside his beloved wife.

torggy

Post Number: 1696

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of the oldest families in French River lost it's Patriarch Christmas day.

My deepest condolences to the Mindestrom family.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/287272/

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1887

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My deepest sympathy to the family!

torggy

Post Number: 1697

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was talking with Captain Nylen this morning and he pointed out an obit I had missed. Bruce Cameron was a long time Greenwood Road resident.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/284051/

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1888

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I met him at the nursing home when I was visiting my aunt one time.

torggy

Post Number: 1699

Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to the Bigguy for pointing this out.
Dorothy L. Noyes, 94, passed away at her home in Bonita Springs, Fla., Jan. 31, 2014.

She was preceded in death by her husband Ted Noyes; brothers, Howard and Wayne Shelhon and sister, Leona Lorntson.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/290828/

torggy

Post Number: 1700

Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Both Bigguy and Capt. Nylen pointed this one out to me last night.

Evelyn Ora Holte of Duluth passed away suddenly from heart failure on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014 in St. Luke's Hospital, with her family at her side.

She was born on Nov. 4, 1935 to George Edsel and Alice (Bartlett) Cooke.

Evelyn was a Clover Valley High School graduate and completed coursework at UMD where she studied the Russian language.

See the entire obit here:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/292229/

torggy

Post Number: 1701

Posted on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/russel-d-myrdal-2

Russel D. Myrdal, 83, of Duluth, passed away on May 4, 2014 at Bayshore Health Center.

torggy

Post Number: 1702

Posted on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/virginia-ginnie-jones-claveau-2

Virginia "Ginnie" (Jones) Claveau, 88 of Edgewood Vista, Hermantown, died Friday, May 2, 2014 with her family by her side.

torggy

Post Number: 1704

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bruce A. Highland, Sr. of Clover Valley passed away at the Minnesota Veterans Home in Silver Bay on Saturday, May 17.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/bruce-highland-sr-1

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1890

Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see another CV alumni has passed on Richard Laine.

torggy

Post Number: 1705

Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 07:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard "Dick" Laine, 81, of Duluth passed away at Chris Jensen Nursing Home on Friday Sept. 5, 2014 surrounded by loving family.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/richard-dick-laine-1

torggy

Post Number: 1706

Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My deepest condolences to the Walstrom family

The funeral for Eleanore Ann Wahlstrom will be at 11:00a.m. Saturday, December 20, 2014 at the River Park Chapel, Macken Funeral Home with the Rev. Joseph Fogal officiating. Burial will be in Lakeview Cemetery, Duluth Township, Minnesota. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service.

Read the rest of the obit at:
http://mackenfuneralhome.com/memorial-services/eleanore-ann-wahlstrom/

torggy

Post Number: 1707

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just heard that Norma Lindquist has passed away. No one has seen an official obit anywhere. But the word is she had a stroke mid December and died on Christmas day.

If anyone has heard anything please post.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1891

Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have asked around down there,and no one seems to know for sure, they knew about the stroke. Too bad!

torggy

Post Number: 1708

Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Neilo (Nels) Evert Kinnunen, veteran of the United States Army, died peacefully on Dec. 18, 2014, at the age of 90, at the Minnesota Veterans Home in Silver Bay.

http://www.twoharborsmn.com/obituaries/3643738-neilo-nels-evert-kinnunen

torggy

Post Number: 1709

Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard Alvin Carlson, 85, died Jan. 1, 2015 at St. Luke's Hospice Care - Duluth.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3649794-richard-alvin-carlson

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1892

Posted on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 08:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is Mrs. Lindquists obit. They lived by us. RIP you and Mr. Lindquist are together again!
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3656388-norma-jane-lindquist

torggy

Post Number: 1710

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Blondie. Kind of the end of an era. So sad.

m_johnson
Pro Poster
Username: m_johnson

Post Number: 83

Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A 1934 graduate
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3768272-edith-clara-ramstrom-jankows ki

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 84

Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Class of 1970
Linda Lehto
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3765870-linda-k-kaiser

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 85

Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Class of 47 graduate. His daughter Sandra was in my class at CV
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3766728-theodore-laiti

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 86

Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 12:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Class of 50 graduate
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3762701-alvin-carl-anderson

torggy

Post Number: 1714

Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for posting those m_johnson. I have been away on vacation and I just can't peck away on those tiny phone keyboards like the kids can.

I attended Alvin Anderson's life celebration at the Clearwater Grill. Andrew Sternberg put on one hell of a great party for his father-in-law. The parking lot was full and cars were lined up on both sides of the road. They served Alvin's favorite meal. hot roast beef sandwiches, and the beer was free. Every one who was any one on the North Shore was there.

My sisters attended Ted Laiti's celebration and said there were many area residents in attendance. They were very moved by the military recognition of Teds military service.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1896

Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to babysit for Ted and Mable when I was a teenager. Our son is good friends with one of Alvin Anderson's son's, they graduated together.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1898

Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3816407-daniel-w-carlson

Obit for Daniel Carlson

I graduated with Bill Carlson and I remember his sister Marianne, but the rest of the names are not familiar at all.

torggy

Post Number: 1716

Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I graduated with his sister Serene. We were good friends with the family for years. I remember Dan very well.

Thanks for posting Blondie.

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 87

Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/gerald-p-jerry-driscoll-0

GERALD P. "JERRY" DRISCOLL

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 88

Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3822562-mabel-e-pavlisich-laiti

MABEL E. (PAVLISICH) LAITI

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 89

Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/content/raymond-m-alseth

Raymond M. Alseth

torggy

Post Number: 1717

Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow thanks for paying attention m_johnson.

All three of those are will known CV names and reading the obits is like a trip through CV history.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 170

Posted on Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone,

It pains me to write this but last evening my father passed away. Many of you know him since he drove the school bus for Clover Valley and Two Harbors schools. Jack Bates drove the bus for many years. When he retired from driving the bus he said this to me. I have driven kids, their parents and their grandparents to school it is about time to hang this up. Oh so many stories about trips on the bus. My Dad also was a member of the Clifton Fire department which I also did back when I still lived at home. My fathers obit will be in the paper with details of the funeral. Since this has been my forum of sharing stories of the past, I felt the need to give everyone a heads up. Torggy please post the link of the obit to share when it gets published.

Madd Maxx aka Colin

torggy

Post Number: 1718

Posted on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My deepest condolences on your loss. I remember your Dad from the store more than any where, I liked candy LOL.

I will look for the obit.

Thanks for sharing.

Will stop by the mall next month.

torggy

Post Number: 1719

Posted on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John "Jack" Thomas Bates, 84, formerly of North Shore Drive and Gearhart Street, died Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015, in St. Luke's hospice.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3848017-john-jack-thomas-bates

Quite the life, your Dad was quite the athlete.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 171

Posted on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Torggy and I will like to visit next month.

It is funny how life is from day to day. Thursday spending my day with my Dad holding his hand off and on even after he passed. Then 24 hours later I am holding my grandson having him fall asleep while watching my son coach a football game in Spooner. My grandson is the youngest of my parents great grand children.

torggy

Post Number: 1720

Posted on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are moments in life that transcend all others.

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 90

Posted on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear about your dad Madd Maxx

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 91

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3850858-michael-william-anderson

MICHAEL WILLIAM ANDERSON
1963 graduate of Clover Valley High School

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1899

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember him, my sympathy to his family.

torggy

Post Number: 1721

Posted on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for catching that. Really helps to have people watching.

He was in the same class as Captain Nylen. They had a class reunion last year I believe.

My condolences to the family.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1903

Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 08:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rest in peace Ronnie Wiseman, he was our mail man for many years.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3879107-ronald-eugene-wiseman

torggy

Post Number: 1724

Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the update Blondie.

Wonder how many CV grads are left out there.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1904

Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are quite a few left. I still have an uncle and aunt living and know there are some from their classes still alive. But as the years go by,it is going to be less and less.

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 92

Posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3897300-lois-irene-magnuson

LOIS MAGNUSON (HEISE)
CLOVER VALLEY CLASS OF 1970

torggy

Post Number: 1725

Posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She was a grade behind me. Quite the large family.

Thanks for catching that m_johnson. I had heard she passed but didn't know the last name.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1905

Posted on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3909214-cleo-r-chambers

torggy

Post Number: 1726

Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Blondie! He must have been one class ahead of me.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1908

Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Helen went to Clover Valley. I remember her so well.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3930459-helen-o-swartz

torggy

Post Number: 1729

Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oberg is a good CV family name. My condolences to the family.

Thanks Blondie, I never would have caught that one.

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 94

Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3954459-carole-ann-banks-berg

Class of 1974

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1909

Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I missed that somehow, I used to babysit her. RIP Carole!

torggy

Post Number: 1730

Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Saw her at the 1974 reunion this fall. My condolences to the family.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1910

Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another CV alumni passed on.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3958925-jacob-pavlisich

torggy

Post Number: 1731

Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Blondie.

CV alumni seem to be in ever shrinking supply.

(Message edited by torggy on March 02, 2016)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1911

Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

His dad (Jack) was Janitor at the Bloomingdale school, not sure what the years were.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1912

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2016 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, another alumni passed away, too many! RIP Howard!

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/3980647-howard-l-mallory

torggy

Post Number: 1749

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

David "Dumpy" Laiti, 77, succumbed to his battle with Alzheimer's Disease Sunday, May 1, 2016.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4023071-david-dumpy-laiti

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1924

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just saw that. Good basketball player RIP.

shoreboy
Regular Poster

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I never saw him play basketball but remember stories about Dumpy and his brother playing basketball. Wonder how he got that nickname.

deckhand
Regular Poster
Username: deckhand

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone know where Philip L. is? Did he continue at all with the classical piano?

torggy

Post Number: 1750

Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Barbara Mae (Sandretzky) Highland, 89, of Clover Valley, passed away on May 6, 2016, in the Minnesota Veterans Home in Silver Bay.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4032262-barbara-mae-sandretzky-highl and

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1927

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The passing of my classmate James Ross makes me sad.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4046316-james-edwin-pops-ross-sr

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 95

Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Matt Bauer graduated from Two Harbors, but went to Clover Valley until it closed in 74. I believe he finished 8th grade when the school closed
http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/141753/?fullname=matthew-james-baue r

m_johnson
Pro Poster

Post Number: 96

Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don Pavisich, Class of 1968
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4090940-donald-pavlisich

torggy

Post Number: 1751

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 03:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In Memory of
Carol Anne Slowikowski

Carol attended Bloomingdale and Clover Valley Schools with the Class of '63. Carol and her family moved to CA before graduation from CVHS. Carol's mother, Lillian Walin, and Carol's grandmother, Mrs. Lund, were the hot lunch cooks at CVHS for many, many years.

Here is the link to her obiturary which was posted in the Wausau, WI, newspaper back in March.

http://kruegerfamilyfuneral.com/tribute/details/990/Carol-Slowikowski/obituary.h tml

I hope that works out. I found the obituary in the Wausau, WI newspaper by doing a Google search. Carol died on March 21, 2016. The funeral home name was Krueger Family Funeral Home in Tomahawk, WI, in case you can't open the link above.

(Message edited by torggy on August 16, 2016)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1928

Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I knew she died, but couldn't find any info about her death prior. That link didn't work for me. Tried it again and it worked this time.

(Message edited by Blondie on August 16, 2016)

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1929

Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allen "Butch" Marple graduated with me. I just heard today about his passing. RIP. You have to read his obit, very interesting.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/adn/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=180794214

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1933

Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 08:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4145261-richard-n-holappa
Another CV alum passed on.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1934

Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CV lost another alumni
http://www.lcnewschronicle.com/obituaries/4167748-michael-mike-dennis-scholar

torggy

Post Number: 1758

Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike was a year younger than me. We played together on several sports teams. Was a great guy.

Thanks for posting Blondie.

torggy

Post Number: 1759

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good family friend and CV graduate.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4197775-diane-laiti

Diane Laiti, 65, unexpectedly joined her parents in eternity, Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017 in Duluth.

She was born May 5, 1951 to Harry and Joyce (Seeley) Pederson in Duluth.

Diane started 'Mighty Tidy's' cleaning service with her mother Joyce in the early 80's. Diane was a skilled and accomplished horse rider, a good gardener, and had many adventures throughout her life. Her selfless nature shone to her neighbors and friends. She is loved and will be dearly missed by all who knew her.

She was preceded in death by her mother, Joyce Seeley.

Diane is survived by three children, Robin (Tom) Allen, Kara (Mike) Thompson, Travis Laiti; sibling, Julie Smith; nieces and nephews Micky, Brad, and Mallory; best friend Barb Olson; many great friends.

CELEBRATION OF LIFE: 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday Feb. 11, 2017 in ClearWater Grill, 5135 North Shore Dr., Duluth, MN 55804, speaking service to start at 1:30.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1935

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw that obit, and name sounded familiar, but just can't place her.

torggy

Post Number: 1760

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Laiti is a common Clover Valley name of course, that might be some of it. She graduated in '69. Her mother and her have been family friends of ours for years.

shoreboy
Regular Poster

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In high school she was Diane Pederson and lived on the shore by the Nordling Road just west of Johnson's Drive Inn (scenic café). She married Dumpy Laiti whose obit is also on this thread above.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 196

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she have an older sister named Tyra? Tyra was in class 1967.

torggy

Post Number: 1761

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes she did. For some reason that is not in the obit as posted above. But if you click on the link there is another sentence added that tells all of her siblings. Don't know why it did not post here.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1936

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said she was married to Dumpy, he didn't live far from me when I was growing up.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 197

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went back and re-read it. Thank you, Torggy.

bigguy
Pro Poster

Post Number: 181
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Boon! Always nice to see the photo of Walfred Johnson's fish house.

boon
Pro Poster

Post Number: 198

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know! I had completely forgotten what my "signature" was..... Love that part of Stony Point!

torggy

Post Number: 1762

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bruce Claveau

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theherald-news/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid =183695038

torggy

Post Number: 1763

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It would appear that Carol Sorvik has also passed away but I am unable to find an obituary for her.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1937

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I couldn't pull up that legacy obit, said error.
I will ask my friend about Carol and see if she knows anything.

perry
Regular Poster
Username: perry

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 07:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear about my classmate Bruce.

I did a wider search and found a notice of Carol Sorvik's death in Iowa in 2016. There was nothing about services or memorials.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1938

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I found the same thing on the internet about Carol Sorvik.

torggy

Post Number: 1766

Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found this one for Bruce.

http://www.rwpattersonfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Bruce-Claveau/#!/Obituary

torggy

Post Number: 1767

Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't remember this teacher but it says he taught at CV. Maybe some of you out there remember him.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4204958-john-allen-grussendorf

bigguy
Pro Poster

Post Number: 182
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not from 51 thru 60,

madd_maxx
Pro Poster

Post Number: 176

Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 04:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John Grussendorf aka "Shaft" I had him for gym in the 7th grade. When we goofed off we had to duck walk around gym. His daughters were very good basketball players I believe for Esko.

The "Shaft" nickname was from the CV students since that movie came out that year. John Shaft played by Richard Roundtree. I knew that he did have some health problems. Then the next year he was gone then we got Bob Nyberg with his size number 9 but that is a different story.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1941

Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not in my time at CV.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1942

Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The movie came out in 1971.

torggy

Post Number: 1770

Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LILLY (CARLSON)

COOLEY

Lilly Edith Cooley, 95, of Duluth, died Feb. 26, 2017 in Tucson, Ariz.

Lilly was born on March 24, 1921 in Duluth to Sam and Hilda Carlson of Clover Valley.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4256522-lilly-carlson-cooley

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1948

Posted on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 07:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe Sam owned a store in Clover Valley.

sarah
Rookie Poster
Username: sarah

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Located on the corner of Hagberg and Holmatead. Where Torgesons lived. That is where Philip
Carlson, the principal at North Shore grew up.

torggy

Post Number: 1771

Posted on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www3.forumnewspaper.com/Olive/ODN/DNT.1.4/default.aspx

Bruce A. Highland, Jr.

May 10, 2017 TWO HARBORS, Minn. - Bruce A. Highland, Jr., 66, Two Harbors, died Wednesday, May 10, in his lake home. A private celebration of life will be at a later date. Arrangements by Cremation Society of Minnesota.

dmp
Regular Poster
Username: dmp

Post Number: 13

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a sadder note: The word was passed on at Homesteaders today that our dear friend Donald Alseth passed on last night or this morning. Donald was class of 58 at Clover Valley and was one of the finest people I have known. The obit should be showing up soon but sofar the info is that his service will be Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at River Church on the corner of 19th Ave East and 4th Street in Duluth.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1949

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is so sad. One time we were down touring Abe Lincoln's grounds/home in Springfield,ILL and who should happen to be there too, Don and Betty! They were coming out and we were going in!! Thanks for the info.

bigguy
Pro Poster

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also noticed the passing of Darlene Nachtmann Tanski a few days ago. She was class of 61 although she didn't graduate from CV. She was taken in by Harold and Betty Mostrom in her teen years. Harold Mostrom moved on to Toivola Meadowlands around 58 and Darlene graduated from TM. Blondie, you would remember her.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1950

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The name sounds familiar. I am sure if I saw a picture of her back then it would ring a bell.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1951

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is the obit for Donald Alseth

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/obituaries/4279963-donald-m-alseth

dmp
Regular Poster

Post Number: 14

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't recall seeing Mae posted here yet.

Mae Louise Contos, December 27, 1925 - January 23, 2017

Mae passed on January 23, 2017 in Castle Rock, CO. Mae was well known for her hospitality healthy life style and cooking. She is also well remembered for her beauty care for others on Saturdays. Within her love for skiing and the fashion industry her career spanned many years, from her service at Maurice's, to her 27 years at the Continental Ski Shop, where she was given the nickname of "North Shore Mae," which she proudly wore. She finished her fashion career with her friends at JC Penny's.
Mae’s interests were many and varied and included berry picking, fishing, dancing, golfing, skiing, cooking, traveling, singing in the choir, puppies and Jesus. You may have shared morning Bible study or Tuesday's at Lowayne's, joined her watching the Hallmark Channel, or maybe sharing one of special treats; dove chocolate.
Mae was preceded in death by her parents, Calvin and Gertrude Tenborg, her first husband, Gunnard L. Strand, their beautiful daughter, Peggy L. Strand (Hoglund, Collier), her second husband Lawrence (Larry) M. Contos, and her love of 25 years, Fred B. Chez.
Mae's surviving family includes her sister Louella Grace Rosenfield, two daughters, Lori (Contos) Stroner and her husband Jim, Kari "Kiki" (Contos) Edge and her husband Joey, grandchidren Aspen Edge, Emily Hoglund, and Kris Hoglund and Mae's great-grandchild Anika Hoglund.
The service to celebrate her life was held on June 4th, 2017 at French River Lutheran Church in Duluth, MN. with a welcome reception beginning at 2:00 p.m. and her celebration service at 3:00 p.m. A lite and sweet reception was served at the church. Eulogy and service facilitating were done by her son-in-law Joey Edge with others including daughter Kari sharing memories also.
I have memories of Mae holding me on her lap in 1945 when she and Gunnard would visit my folks in Duluth. These sessions usually involved tickling and semi-serious conversation at my level. Even then at 5 years of age, I noticed that any room Mae was in was brighter and more cheerful.
dmp
Mae Contos

dmp
Regular Poster

Post Number: 15

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is picture of Don Alseth from the 1950's dmpDonald Alseth

dmp
Regular Poster

Post Number: 16

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember Darlene's name but I don't recall her. Are there any class or year book pictures out there with her or personal memories? dmp

dmp
Regular Poster

Post Number: 17

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering if it may be a good idea to start a new passing-on page each new year. If so who knows how to do that? If we started one for 2017 would it be possible to transfer the ones already posted for this year? dmp

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Please enter your username and password. Registration is required to post. Please consider registering - it's a painless process.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration