Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Clover Valley Forum * My family ties to the school < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

farmgirl
Rookie Poster
Username: farmgirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all! My grandpa, Donald Youngdahl went to Clover Valley school when he was younger. His uncle, Rolland Houghtaling, worked as a janitor at the school and his mother, Evelyn Youngdahl worked in the kitchen. My grandpa and his siblings lived on his grandparent's farm out there. He used to tell me stories of swimming at a creek off of Korkki Road, going to the old general store (the only store around) for general supplies and the old Methodist church he attended. His other uncle, Ray Houghtaling, had a friend, Nelo Gustafson, who was his bus driver. I'm so happy to have found this forum. I am enjoying reading everyone's posts! :-)

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1715

Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad ya found us Farmgirl. I remember Nelo as a bus driver.

ssahls
Rookie Poster
Username: ssahls

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great you all remember Niilo Gustafson. He is my great uncle. He and his wife raised my dad on their farm on Homestead Road. My dad went to Clover Valley High. He is 87 now and loves talking about life on the farm and his time in high school. I will share some of this website with him.

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1748

Posted on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds great! Look forward to hearing some of your Dad's stories.

Any clue as to your Father's ID? Lots of stories on this site with lots of names included. We might have him mentioned somewhere.

bigguy
Pro Poster
Username: bigguy

Post Number: 179
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ssahls, I've had breakfast at Judy's in Two Harbors with your folks and Pete and Cathy B. Enjoyed talking old cars with your dad. Marje was in my grade at CV. We started school at Bloomingdale and graduated from CV in 1960.

ssahls
Rookie Poster

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 02:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow small world everybody! My dad is Arthur Sahlstein Sr. And he graduated from CV in 1946. They talk to the Becks regularly. Pete was his best friend growing up.

ssahls
Rookie Poster

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bigguy, I am sitting here with my parents and they remember sitting visiting with you at Judy's!

bigguy
Pro Poster
Username: bigguy

Post Number: 180
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please give them a big hello from me.

ssahls
Rookie Poster

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course I will! I am glad to find this forum. I found a post where someone just listed a roster of names from the neighborhood. I read that to my dad today and he remembered a lot of the names. He was very happy to hear them. He has so enjoyed the Come Home parties over the years. I haven't been to one of those but I did take him to Margie's funeral some years ago. We live in Nebraska.

dmp
Rookie Poster
Username: dmp

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

COME-ON-HOME this year Saturday Aug 13. Hope to see you there.
HOMESTEADERS this month Wednesday Aug 3, 12:30 PM. All are welcome,bring a friend.

mommadi810
Rookie Poster
Username: mommadi810

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OMGosh~~~~~~I haven't been on this site forever. I did notice a posting from Sandra Ness (principal Alvin' Ness daughter). I do remember taking baton lessons with her as a "leader"``in the gym~~as a second grader (1957-58). We must have performed at halftime of a basketball game??? Looking forward to seeing who attends the Come-on-Home gathering on the 13th.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Please enter your username and password. Registration is required to post. Please consider registering - it's a painless process.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration