Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Two Harbors Forum * Clover Valley Forum * Found this site by accident....... < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bestemor
Rookie Poster
Username: bestemor

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a Clover Valley graduate from 1961. My enrollment was scattered over a period of twelve years -- I started first grade at Bloomingdale, moved away and returned for most of my third grade year. Then moved to Knife River, just over the county line. Returned to Clover Valley for my freshmen year and left again, but came back in my senior year and graduated. My older brother, Duane Pagenkopf, also graduated from Clover Valley -- the year I was in ninth grade. I was looking for a picture of Bloomingdale and did an internet search. I didn't find a source for a picture, but was pleasantly surprised to discover this site. Now, my question is.....does anyone know where I can get a picture of Bloomingdale School and the old Clover Valley structure before the addition? There were also two buildings next to Clover Valley that had been country schools elsewhere and were moved to the CV site for housing, I believe.

blondie
Pro Poster
Username: blondie

Post Number: 1900

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
There are quite a few pictures of both schools on here, a couple of Bloomingdale in "Late Summer News". I can't recall where else on here there are pictures. Maybe try Search at the top. I don't recall seeing any pictures of the teachers homes next to CV school though.

torggy
Username: torggy

Post Number: 1722

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are many pictures posted on this site that you will enjoy. I know there are some of the old part.

Cruise through the old threads and see what you can find. I am away from my main computer for the next week to ten days. I know I have some there. I will give you a heads up when I find them.

Glad ya found the site,there are lots of good stories and information to be found in the many threads.

Would like to hear any of your stories and memories.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1901

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Old CV School

torggy

Post Number: 1723

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You found one. Thanks Blondie!

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1902

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know there are more on here.

dmp
Rookie Poster
Username: dmp

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My memories of Bloomingdale are from 3rd grade about 1948 with Mrs Mandelin as a great teacher. Nillo Gustafson was the bus driver and I believe Vi Sunde was the cook. The pictures below were taken by Norma Lindquist when she and Bill lived upstairs of the school.
Bloomingdale School 1955 courtesy of N. LindquistBloomingdale School 1955 courtesy of N. Lindquist 2Bloomingdale School 1955 courtesy of N. Lindquist 3}}}

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1906

Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Vi Sunde was the cook, the best! Nilo was a bus driver along with H.Flatley, Herb Gerth who had the longest/farthest bus route I believe, Kenny Hendrickson, Reino Tuominen and D. Peterson,Walter Johnson during my time. Also back farther was a Earl Driscoll and Adolph Solem

(Message edited by Blondie on January 13, 2016)

torggy

Post Number: 1727

Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those are some of the best pictures of old Bloomingdale I have ever seen!!

Got any more of Norma's pictures? Would love to see them.

bigguy
Pro Poster
Username: bigguy

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I started school there in 1948, Mr King lived upstairs. He taught at CV and was also a coach. We had three grades, 2nd grade was split between Mrs. Mandelin and Mrs. Williams. First grade teacher was Mrs. MacKenzie. Janitor was Mr. Eli Ratkovich and yes, Mrs. Sunde was the cook. One additional bus driver was Ted Larson.

First grade was on the West side, 2nd grade was in the back toward Nolte's store and the third grade was in front of 2nd grade.

shoreboy
Regular Poster
Username: shoreboy

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bigguy
Wasn't Walter Johnson driving back then? A few years later the teachers were Brown, Mandelin, and Frink (all had children attending the local schools). Jake Pavelisich was custodian and of course Mrs Sunde. I still remember those damn canned commodity beets and glass bottled milk from Lester River dairy with 1/2" cream on the top.I was in the last graduating class from Bloomingdale. Entered North Shore as a 5th grader.

blondie
Pro Poster

Post Number: 1907

Posted on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another janitor was Pavilich. I(several kids) used to walk to the school to catch the bus and he was the Janitor. Then after they closed it down the bus stopped on the corner of Shilhon and Lundquist Road to pick us kids up. I mentioned Walter Johnson as a bus driver in my post above.

dmp
Rookie Poster
Username: dmp

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm working on archiving township photos for the new Community Room at the town-hall and would love to have access to more Bloomingdale and Clover Valley pictures. I can scan the pictures so I don't have to keep them. Invite me over for coffee (local only) or bring the pictures with you to the town-hall and I can scan them while we have coffee there.(some cookies would be nice also)
Unfortunately the photos of the BD school are the only ones Norma gave me but here is a Clover Valley 4th grade one you old timers will have fun with. How many can you ID and where are they now?
On the BD photos: Sorry about the horizontal spread. How do I get multiple pictures to arrange vertically and can I go back and edit them yet?
dmpClover Valley 4th & 5th grade class 1951

torggy

Post Number: 1728

Posted on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love that picture!! Am sure someone out there will know some of the people. Really like to see a picture of the old room.

I look forward this spring to seeing the new Community room and the pictures you have.

There are many pictures posted here and I have larger versions of most. let me know if there are some pictures you might want.

The pictures show up in a vertical arrangement on my devices. I just tried to figure out how to edit a post and could not figure it out unless it is done by a moderator. I am a moderator Do you need it edited?

bigguy
Pro Poster
Username: bigguy

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Teacher is Mrs. Christensen and these are the split classes of 58 and 59. I see a few familiar faces. It was quite common in those days to have two grades in one classroom. The wall behind Mrs. C opened up to another classroom. The classrooms were on the football field side of the school.

madd_maxx
Pro Poster
Username: madd_maxx

Post Number: 172

Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey DMP,

Some of who are local will be happy to help out. I don't have too many photos. I do have some year books with photos that could be scanned. I drop in from time to time on the site.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Please enter your username and password. Registration is required to post. Please consider registering - it's a painless process.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration